hello from alberta

derrick719

hello every body. im derrick from three hills alberta canada.

i picked up a 94 pathfinder le or 700 a month ago or so and it died days after (lost reverse and the frame was rotten dont buy a car at night with out a flash light). so doing a huge rebuild.

this is what i am doing. i got another truck a 88 2 door for 250 bucks with a 5 spd and a solid frame. i have pulled the body off both with out any real prob. as of now got the engines out. now going to strip the frame and clean and paint it to protect it from more rust. then put all the 94 bits on it and plop the 94 on top of it and hope i dont drop the body. there will not be any body lifts and stuff now as i need it done before the horrible alberta winters come. so i got a few pics and here they are

this is all a one man job so far to

the 94

IMG_2788-1.jpg

IMG_2787-1.jpg

some of the rust

IMG_2803.jpg

the 88

IMG_2794.jpg

start of the body lift on the 94 (88 done and down on the ground)

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2806.jpg

the little shop i get to use

IMG_2809.jpg

so there it is so far any one have some tips would be great.

i also need to figure out the center console dont want to use the big ugly boot.

Welcome, and wow, that's a big project!! Tips... Tag all electrical connection, flush out the inside of the frame and spray inside with something like denatured fish oil, the rear most chassis bolts on the 94 are larger than the 89 and there are a few other things I'll try to remember, others will chime in though. Which motor are you going to use?? If you are swapping that also, the MPFI system is the superior one...

B

ill be using the vg30e and every thing from the 94 but using the 88 trans and transfer case.

wont be able to do the side of the frame as i have no way of doing that. if you have some tips for that that would be great

First off welcome!

secondly, why pull the 88 apart? Need/prefer the 4 door shell? 2 door shell rotted underneath?

fourthly, Center console... Start junkyard scrounging with a tape measure for one you like, a couple people here have had a little luck with the console out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee (I belive there is a pinned writeup on it in the 86.5-89 section here by jj big shoe)

have fun with your project, it will be worth it when its togher!

Welcome.

Yeah that isn't a little project. I bought an 89 hardbody and found out afterwards the frame was very badly rusted and really not worth fixing. In the end I just bought another truck and scrapped the first one.

Good luck on the project. I always knew that those Albertans were crazy ;)

ya i bought the 94 first and found the frame was rotten then the trans blew. i got the 88 2 door and the back seats were just floating there there was so much rust in the body and many holes thought out.

cant wait to get her done and really hope i dont drop the body

im a vancouver island boy actually. ya the crazy albertans are rubbing off on me