I need advise, having problems with my pthfinder?

94beast

i have a question my pathfinder has been acting up everytime i would brake on neautral or on gears since its stick shift it would turn off or Also sometimes it wont turn off the rpm wud just drop to 1000 rpm and stay there and sounds like it would want to turn off. Can someone help me out or give advise please?

Try the basic tune-up stuff (plugs, wires, filters, etc.) and see where you're at.

Thanks for the advise but i took it to two mechanics and the told me it has to do with air flow? one said the intake may be dirty and other said it could be the mass air flow censor im no to sure on what to do and ive done the basic tune up on it

The motor dying might be electrical, and not shutting off (dieseling) is usually tune up related.

thanks for the advise but i took it to two mechanics and one said it could be that the intake is dirty and other said it could be my mass air flow censor im not to sure on what to do have any other advise? plus i did the basic tune up on it

Edited by RedPath88
Fixed Quote Tags

Check all your vacuum lines......especially the one behind the intake manifold going down closest to the firewall. There is a diagram under the hood if you still have yours on which ones to check. You dont want any split ends or cracks. Vacuum leaks can definately cause these problems as I had similar issues and it's an easy fix.

Did this get figured out? If not, your "not sutting off" issue is probably electrical. Possibly the ignition switch. When you turn your key off, it does not shut off, correct? If thats the case, I would removed the column covers and check for power at the "run" position when turning off your rig. Let us know.