SFD rim dilemma

exit34rocker1017

I am really getting disgruntled about choosing rims when I get a SFD going. I have a few questions. Can you mount a 15x8 with 2.50 backspacing rim on a 12.5 wide tire? The minimum rim width says 8.5, but I have heard of people running it like that. If not, I would have to get 15x10's with 2.50 backspacing. My next question is with the 15x10's. Will they rub? I have not heard of anyone running these. I simply don't know what to do because an 8 inch wide wheel might not be okay, but a 10 inch wide wheel might rub like hell.

ALSO, is 2.50 backspacing too little? Some have gotten wheel spacers with rims with backspacings of 3.75. I'd rather not run wheel spacers if that backspacing on those rims is okay.

The whole reason I am going with 15 inch rims is because they are so much cheaper than 16! I don't mind slightly grinding the caliper down and saving a few hundred dollars.

You should have no issues running 2.5" BS on your wheels. Granted, they will stuck out more so you may need to consider wider fender flares. You could run either a 8" wide or 10" wide wheel, but you just need to make sure they BS/offset is enough to clear the strut. You will probably have significant rubbing issues moreso with a 10" wide wheel, too.

You could make either work, though. :aok:

Yeah no problems with that, im running 11.5 on stock wheels without any problems and I have heard of people running 12.5 on x7's so a x8 should be more than enough.

Ive found that when you mount tires that wide on a rim that skinny (not a prob) but the tires look like round donuts instead of tires. just my 2c worth. It looks good on some vehicles..like my buddies Tacoma...il look for pics

Tye

Ive found that when you mount tires that wide on a rim that skinny (not a prob) but the tires look like round donuts instead of tires. just my 2c worth. It looks good on some vehicles..like my buddies Tacoma...il look for pics

Tye

if you get pics that would be great. i also heard that the center of the tire wears quicker, so i would have to run a lot lower psi i believe.

Well, if you do get 15x10's I run 15x10s with 3.75" BS with no lift. I do have 31's on them, so I can't comment on the tire sizes, but with just a little trimming, they don't rub. Again, a wider tire might need more trimming. Can't comment on that. Get the 10" wides!!

That looks good! What psi do you run the tires at? From the looks of it, it seems as thogh the very egdes of the tread doesn't come in contact with the ground, but that's just looking from this one picture. Looks killer good. I like the black wheels. I might black mine out. Hmm...

that was my other concern, tire wear. with the 8's i have to run a lower psi so the center doesn't wear down faster than the sides, but with a 10" wide rim, they might stick out TOO far and i might have to trim TOO much :/

hmmmmm what to do...

Edited by exit34rocker1017

That looks good! What psi do you run the tires at? From the looks of it, it seems as thogh the very egdes of the tread doesn't come in contact with the ground, but that's just looking from this one picture. Looks killer good. I like the black wheels. I might black mine out. Hmm...

That photo was from the day I got them and I ran them at their max pressure, now I run them at 30psi.