torsion bar troubles

slade420

IM starting to go crazy because of these damn torsion bars. i couldnt get the rear anchors off so i dropped the cross member and everything, along with the front anchors. so i got the cross member back in and re-indexed the front, but i cant get the bars to come forward enough to put the retaining clips on.. and it looks like the bar is all the way in the front anchor.. any help would be appreciated.

the bolts have to be loose on the front anchors whenever you are moving anything laterally on the splines.

1 Back off the ajusters all the way and loosten up the front anchor bolts untill they holding on by only 3 threads.

2 grab the bar and shake it while you use a very small hammer(if needed) to postion everything eles

3 once everything is in postion laterally and the crosmember is secure (did not need to remove it) bolt down the fwd anchor and begin setting the ride height.

Thanks for the help! i will try it in the morning.

btw i forgot to mention, i took the torsion bars, anchors and cross member from my pathy to use on my truck since they were less seized and it better condition. i cleaned it up gave the whole setup a coat of black rust paint.

Edited by slade420

Thanks for the help! i will try it in the morning. btw i forgot to mention, i took the torsion bars, anchors and cross member from my pathy to use on my truck since they were less seized :s

the hardbody t-bars and pathfinder t-bars are different lengths you know. maybe thats why you are having problems?