Need some measurements

unccpathfinder

Alright...I've been tooling around without a front bumper for a while and i've twisted up my factory bumper which is 3" lower than it should be still from my 3" BL...

So I've been searching around for a crawler project and ran across trail gear again but that's not what this topic is for...While on trail gear I found some of their bumpers and I'm curious if I can make them work on the nissan...so basically waht I need off of a 4runner or truck is some frame measurements...

So I like this bumper and would like to see if i can make it work on the nissan:

0803-0003-225.jpg

and the rear bumper:

120109-1-k-installed1.jpg

so basically if anyone can get frame inside to inside or outside to outside and measurements for locations of the front and rear bumper mounting that would help me out...particularly mounting surface to mounting surface so I know if it slides in between the frame or what so I can determine if and how i can mount it on the nissan

door widths would be cool too:

120132-1-k-225.jpg

Thanks

Edited by unccpathfinder

if the frame measurements could be done front and rear that'd be extremely helpful and yes door measurements basically hinge to latch and door seal to latch vertically

Thanks a bunch...don't make a special trip...I can be patient...

:shrug: B what about those ARB bumper pix :hide:

Edited by unccpathfinder

Seen it earlier?? Hell, you got it within 28 minutes... Reply much sooner and you'll be psychic!!

:shrug: B what about those ARB bumper pix :hide:

Yeah, I know... I hate to disappoint, but the bumper hasn't been removed yet and I'm house hunting like mad so I really can't say when it will happen. I do have 2 sets of lights and a winch to mount so it will happen asap?? :blink:

:shrug:

B

Seen it earlier?? Hell, you got it within 28 minutes... Reply much sooner and you'll be psychic!!

B

I said Im blind... I just noticed it said 9:36pm, I thought it said am...

Measurements from an 88 4x4 P/U @ work

Frame distance at the front rails is 26 3/4" outside to outside, boxed frame at the front (couldn't do a good insid eto inside on what I used to measure from due to rot), bumper looks like it just bolts to the top of the frame though on it, could me missing crap though due to trucks condition.

Frame distance at the rear of the rails 41 1/8" outside to outside, not completly boxed at the rear. no bed on it so I could get a easy pic of the stock bracket setup

6b5f37ee.jpg

548aa1cc.jpg

from back of frame to center of 1st bolt 2 1/4" - to center of 2nd 5 3/4"

then on this door jam

756e70f5.jpg

across the opening at the latch is 39 1/2" and from bottom of jam (where the door would actually set in it, not the top of the external rocker) to the latch is 15 1/4"

DOHC would be 2 cams per cyl. head, not a total of 2 cams on a 'V' motor... and you could get a 57 Bel Air with a fuel injection option, and by the late 80 front disc was fairly standard...

thanks a ton...I also found this today

http://www.toyotaminis.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=51&d=1172606536

Thats prolly a little more acurate than my tape measure, might want to make sure it's the same as what your huntin though since I think 85 is a solid front axle truck and there might be some slight differences in the front frames :shrug: prolly not but just in case... if you get what I mean

I was talking to Luke of frontier4x4 who builds bumpers off the TG winch plate.He said he was interesting in expanding his market towards nissan later this winter when things slow down. The only issue I saw was how close the winch plate hugs the frame/body which will require some cutting the radiator core support or extending out the frame horns/or winch plate. Those speculations were just from looking at pictures.

Lukes bumpers are by far the cheapest: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=795834

IMG_0087.jpg

P1010214.jpg

85 Toy frame measurements:

85Frame.gif

85%20frame.jpg

If you want to go in-depth to compare IFS vs Solid axle frames:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599542

These are my really rough measurements of the pathfinder:

bumpersidemeasure.jpg

bumperside2measure.jpg

bumperfrontmeasure.jpg

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

• 3 weeks later...

cool...well I got it today...there's gonna be some work involved but I think i'll be alright...

1. cut tabs off (I beat them to the side but they hit the body mounts so they're getting chopped...

2. get some tube and bend it, pinch it, and weld it to a plate and use the OEM Nissan bumper mounts

3. the tacoma mounting flange is flat...our as shown above is at an angle so I either need to:

a. make a shim with shim washers to make it mount through the cross member which is kinda hokey

b. square tubing cutting it at the right angle and welding it to the frame and using "weld nuts" to mount it to that

c. drill out the nissan crossmember at the angle of the tacoma bumper and weld in through bushings and run bolts all the way through but that seems kinda

hokey too

d. other evaluations once I get to hacking on the truck and the bumper to get it exactly where i want it positioned

Teasers:

I'm sure the UPS guy went WTF the tag actually said do not lift using this tag...

61259_735297266587_36619102_40397697_1918780_n.jpg

58113_735376477847_36619102_40399347_7032995_n.jpg

Need to go up about 2-3" and back about 2 or so and i think it'll be happy:

33660_735377420957_36619102_40399369_5142277_n.jpg

Nice teaser pictures! You can check out how Barry incorporated his factory mounts into his bumper design if you need more ideas on how to mount it up.

Can't wait to see better pictures so I can figure out how to mount mine in the future! Thanks for taking the dive first!

Going to try and adapt this to work:

Gator067.jpg

Edited by Cuong Nguyen