Rims

Ozzker

Hey guys! I have recently become the new owner of a 1990 2door Pathy! Im in the middle of ripping it apart, cleaning it up, replacing a bunch of things, adding a SL and a BL, and i have a question about rims! Im looking at getting 33x12.5 sized tires and mounting them on 15x10 rims. What backspacing would you guys recommend, 3.75", or 4"?

If you guys could let me know your recommendation, what you run, and maybe even some pics as to how far out the wheels stick that would be great!!

IMO 15X10 is too much stress on the IFS, but then again 33's are hard on it too. make sure to upgrade your steering. Grass roots 4x4 has the upgraded link you will need and an Idler brace or a dummy stering box in its place will also be needed. (I prefer the dummy stering box as it is far stonger)

3.75/ 4.0 are both Ideal for 15x8

4.0 is what you want for 15x10

if you wheel with those 33x12's on 15x10 you may eventually want to consider to doing a SAS.

15x8, 3.75" backspace works well on the truck. 4" of backspace (neutral backspace) would work too, but your tire might rub on the rear frame a bit sooner. Don't get 15x10" wheels, i think they are too wide and heavy (especially if they are steel) for these trucks and 12.5" tires.

You are gonna have to do some trimming to the rear of the front fender, and possibly the rear of the rear fenders too.

there are lots of pictures of my truck around for reference, but if you are at AW, you will see.

i liked derek's wheels too, but i couldn't find a set for a good price around me. They were around $140/ea canadian back when i bought these pro comp wheels. Mine were $109/ea new

n620175477_3544135_3917.jpg

This is what I run....

HPIM0636.jpg

HPIM0635.jpg

Sorry about the first pic.....kinda blurry.

damn, thats what those tires look like new? i bought mine used for 125$, and they still have decent tread, when i get new ones i think im gonna turn the white lettering out, looks pretty cool that way.