Fuel Filler Tube Recall

SprogZocket

OK, searched to see if there was a post on this but did not see one. May be using the wrong keywords.

I keep getting notices from Nissan about the fuel filler tube thingy (sorry for the highly technical language...LOL) needing to be replaced. Not sure if it is a full blown recall or a TSB. I'm guessing recall since I am getting notices about it.

There is a problem with the tube/pipe rusting out or something like that.

Just wondering if anyone had this service done and about how long it took?

OK, searched to see if there was a post on this but did not see one. May be using the wrong keywords.

I keep getting notices from Nissan about the fuel filler tube thingy (sorry for the highly technical language...LOL) needing to be replaced. Not sure if it is a full blown recall or a TSB. I'm guessing recall since I am getting notices about it.

WTF? I thought you could search!! There is a thread on this... somewhere... :wacko:

But yes, it is a recall, I had it done, although I don't recall how long it took... I think we buggered off for an hour while it was done.

i havent had any prob withmy 01 like that yet...but the plastic "liner" that protects the filler tube and stuff around there in the wheel well has come loose...maybe that now letting all the crap and corruption in there!!!

Tye

according to my local dealer, he has no record of this recall (maybe he's just an I-dot) and told me to call nissan directly. the number he gave me is 800/nissan1. just so other people have it. not a horribly difficult phone number to remember, i hope :chairfall:

according to my local dealer, he has no record of this recall (maybe he's just an I-dot) and told me to call nissan directly. the number he gave me is 800/nissan1. just so other people have it. not a horribly difficult phone number to remember, i hope :chairfall:

ON CERTAIN VEHICLES ORIGINALLY SOLD IN OR CURRENTLY REGISTERED IN THE STATES OF CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, IOWA, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, MASSACHUSETTS, MAINE, MARYLAND, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, TENNESSEE, VERMONT, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA , WISCONSIN AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, DURING THE COATING PROCESS OF THE FUEL FILLER TUBE ASSEMBLY, AN INSUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF COATING MAY HAVE BEEN APPLIED AT THE LOWER MOUNTING BRACKET. THIS COULD RESULT IN AN OPENING IN THE COATING WHICH CAN ALLOW WATER TO ENTER AND MAKE CONTACT WITH THE BARE METAL OF THE TUBE.

It does exist, but has something to do with location too.

• 3 weeks later...