worn tires.

i got a 2001 pathy le 4x4 and tires are gettin pretty run down, i got about 1/2 inch of grip left and im planin on hitting up jerseys playground, the pine barrens but im lookin for some gnarly tires to throw on it and im lookin for any suggestions. i currently got 32 inch tires on it with a 6 in. lift and its cuttin it really close, every time i hit i big berm or go over any large ditches the fender flare pops out but i couldnt care less. so any suggestion any of yall might have would be awsome. and ill post those pics of the pine barrens so you know what its like, if your from jersey you know how it is.

I have been extremely happy with my nokian vatiiva MT. These 31's took me a few places somone anther pathy with 33's couldn't get to. I been in A little bit of mud & water they did well.

Lots of gravel, hardpack, soft loam, Snow and they were great, great, great!

Not so much on the ice, but who can without sutds?

And not so good on slippery tread polished bare roots but agian who can?

tread life has been decent so far (esp for an MT) and surprisingly they do not scream on the freeway, just a hum.

0309091135a.jpg

Click 2 Enlargeth_M1PATHsFLEXIBLEPARKING.jpg

Edited by MY1PATH

what do you have in it for a lift? it looks like a 2" with 32" tires... this is a 6" lift with 33x13.5x15 super swampers i actually just got 34x10.5x15 swampers... havet got pics up yet but its tall

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0153-1.jpg

DSC_0158-1.jpg

DSC_0167-1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

Edited by muddfildvaynes

The dudt I bought it from said it was a six inch lift and if u put it next to I stock pathfinder you can tell the difference. My wife got a 2wheel drive but her lift is more ridged but sits at the same hight as mine but I'm gonna look into the lift more to find out. I bought it about two months ago and already tore up the tires that were on it

Dude we have the same rims

Really?

I thought I was being uniqe by getting American Racing Baja Wheels(aluminum) and having the powdercoated semigloss black.

they selling them in black now?

Or do you really have the Cragar Soft 8 Steelies?

For my street tires I want to take my Outlaw II's and do the same thing but punch the (fake) rivets out first and put them back in so its black with aluminum rivets.

get an actual tread depth gauge and measure how much tread is actually left. 1/2 inch of tread left would mean there is appx some 10-13mm of tread left (since there is about 2.5cm or 25mm in 1 inch). having somewhere around 10-13mm of tread left means that you still have A LOT of tire left since most AT or MT tires start with somewhere around 16/32nds.

Edited by edwinsyip

I already took a sawsall to the front but I can't put any bigger tires on it. But now I'm gonna try to find a bigger lift and go for bigger tires. I'm pretty sure their the same tire. Its gvot the same exact look and it looks like the bolts are the same. Unfortunatly my buddy who sold it to me isn't around so all I have to go on is what he told me. Where did you get the 6 inch liftkit from mud

I already took a sawsall to the front but I can't put any bigger tires on it. But now I'm gonna try to find a bigger lift and go for bigger tires. I'm pretty sure their the same tire. Its gvot the same exact look and it looks like the bolts are the same. Unfortunatly my buddy who sold it to me isn't around so all I have to go on is what he told me. Where did you get the 6 inch liftkit from mud

Custom made

The lift consists of dropping the subframe 4" with blocks, 4" motor mount spacers, 4" strut spacers, custom elongated steering linkage with a extra u-joint, and custom coil springs for the back with a panhard bar drop.... The thing that sucks is no one makes lift kits for this and it all has to be custom made; but its a good also because not everyone has a lifted R50 this big, and not many people can say they built their truck from the ground up..... So far I think I am the only one in New England with this lift. Check out that link and it will fill you in on the lifting process...