WJ Coil Spring Retrofit

shift220

Where are you guys ordering these spring adaptors from and the other parts?

Could you make a small parts list with part #s of what I would need front and rear for a 2"-3" lift? the inexpensive way? With part #s for the Jeep springs and such

My R50 is a 2002 (11/01 PRO DATE) SE 5 SPEED

I am so glad someone went out and checked into other springs from other vehicles like you guys have! I was trying to find the measurements and a list of all MOOG Coils to see what I could come up with.Thanks Again!!

I could have sworn I posted this about 2 years ago, but couldn't find it in my rear coil/shock thread:

R50%2520SFD%2520-%2520Rear%2520Coil%2520

Not sure if this helps anyone, BUT please keep in mind that these were researched back in Nov 2010...so take it for what it's worth regarding specs/prices.

I could have sworn I posted this about 2 years ago, but couldn't find it in my rear coil/shock thread:

R50%2520SFD%2520-%2520Rear%2520Coil%2520

Not sure if this helps anyone, BUT please keep in mind that these were researched back in Nov 2010...so take it for what it's worth regarding specs/prices.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was hoping for! You wouldnt happen to have something like this for the front coils would you??

Thank you! This is exactly what I was hoping for! You wouldnt happen to have something like this for the front coils would you??
Nope, sorry, I never modified anything with the struts/coils after the original 2" AC coils were installed. I'm still hoping for an experimental coilover before I have to replace these front springs! Ha!

Fun to watch what you guys come up with though. I remember back in 2010 feeling like a bit of a guinea pig with my rear combination.

krfabs.com for the spring adapter

wj coils from a 99 jeep grand cherokee rear springs

sierra expeditions for the front spring but i think that wont be quite what u want in terms of lift.

So Front and rear coils from a 99 only Grand Cherokee? or other years? And front and rear spring adapters? And best to put 4 new shocks on also.Need different shocks than stock? Thanks for your help! Born

So Front and rear coils from a 99 only Grand Cherokee? or other years? And front and rear spring adapters? And best to put 4 new shocks on also.Need different shocks than stock? Thanks for your help! Born

The fronts are completely different. We're going to go with the ironman coil springs up front, no adapters necessary, and use the WJ Jeep Grand Cherokee (99-04) coil springs in the rear with the adapter. For the shocks, you'll probably want longer ones so that you have more travel, but for the fronts, they dont make longer ones. There are several topics on here addressing that, feel free to :search: for more info on that subject here on NPORA (Koni inserts, etc). And yes, I'll likely be replacing my front struts at the same time I do new coils because it'll be a pain to try and do it later (2x the work) and my stock ones are dead anyway~

I am going to do it the right way W/Coils and shocks.I also found this on Craigslist.This guy has all these brand new coils for $10 each .But dont know what they fit or the size I need?I emailed him.

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/pts/3535956096.html

http://iowacity.craigslist.org/pts/3535960474.html

Edited by borninabarn

Ask if he has any rear coils that will fit a 99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee. If he does, snag 2 of them for the rear of your pathfinder, and combined with the WJ coil adapters from Krypon Fabrications you'll get around 2-3 inches of lift in the rear. You'll need something completely different for the front though.

• Like 1

As for the front coils,Do any of you know of a vehicle(Like the GC was for the rear coils) that would work perfect for the front coils? for my 2-3" lift? I was kind of hoping there would be something when I ask that guy that has all the new ones for $10 each.Wishful thinking I am.

As for the front coils,Do any of you know of a vehicle(Like the GC was for the rear coils) that would work perfect for the front coils? for my 2-3" lift? I was kind of hoping there would be something when I ask that guy that has all the new ones for $10 each.Wishful thinking I am.

Thats what we're trying to figure out.. So far the closest thing is looking like the Jeep Liberty (KJ) but being that both vehicles weigh about the same amount, I doubt their stock springs would net much lift.

tried that first u can call the moog brand website or what ever and theyll say there just a distributor? and they'll tell u to call the federal mogul the manufacturer and for whatever reason federal mogul wont give u the tech specs of the 81115 or the 81302 coil spring just thought i would give u a headsup b4 u started burnin up minutes

I figured something like that.You guys have been here quite awhile and thought of that stuff long ago.I remember when I was selling parts and we were using the catalog back then the book had dimensions in it but most everyone now just use the computer.Hell to be a parts man anymore the computer does it all for you takes no brains.Ha ha,

• 1 year later...