What have people done with fender flares///

So my tires stick out a good 3-4" and I got a warning from the cops the other day.... I have been looking around for the longest time and can't seem to find fender flares; I do not want to take the rubber garden lining and rivet it to my fenders because I hate the way it looks. I have searched fender flare making companies such as bushwacker and such with no luck... they sell stock looking replacements but those dont have coverage either. I have heard of the idea of getting flares for like a yota truck or a 4runner and cutting your fenders to fit the flares but am wary of doing so because I do not know if it will work, but I guess I will never know unless I try, so does anyone have any input or has anyone had this problem and prevaled? BTW I have 34x10.5x15 TSL Swampers on my R50 with 6" of lift.

Edited by muddfildvaynes

i work for CP auto products (derale and pacer performance) and we make universal fender flares. we have ones that go about 1 1/4 inch past the fender and ones up to 4 1/4 inch past the fender. some of them are heavy duty and are reinforced with steel wire for durability

4 1/4 inch P# 52-171

you can go on our website to check it out. www.pacerperformance.com

if u got any question PM me

Well just anyone with wider tires really. I'm running 10.5" tires on 4" backspaced rims and my tires stick out a good 1.5". Legally here the entire tire has to be covered by the fenders, so while my truck isn't exactly a heat score compared to many others, it only takes one cop having a bad day to give me a VI and cost me $105 minimum.

Again, I'm not worried about the po-lees. My tires stick out about 2" now but the police haven't pulled me over for that. If thats what you're worried about then you can get these rubber pieces that are like biga$$ weather stripping & you can screw them on the inside of the fenders. I did this once with an 81 Bronco that I owned (I out like 6" pieces in all of the fenders)

Again, I'm not worried about the po-lees. My tires stick out about 2" now but the police haven't pulled me over for that. If thats what you're worried about then you can get these rubber pieces that are like biga$$ weather stripping & you can screw them on the inside of the fenders. I did this once with an 81 Bronco that I owned (I out like 6" pieces in all of the fenders)

Yeah my tires stick out about 2" and I haven't had any trouble with the police. I don't have mudflaps either.

I'm looking to install something though because I've got to do about 1500km of rural highway driving next week and the best way to piss off a redneck is to shoot rocks at his windshield. It also freaked the girlfriend out when we were cruising on a FSR and my tires were kicking rocks against the side of the truck and up through her passenger window.

• 6 months later...