my "new car"

BIGPHIL

well the pathy hit 250K about a week ago.... and until i can get the money saved to go swap the motor i will save it for trips to the "dog park" (my lab loves the truck)...

so I bought a car from my "boss"

01-15-09_1634.jpg

the price= FULL SUMMER OF BUSH HOGGING AND HAULING HAY

anythign done to it then or just a standard issue? Actually opted to ditch the crappy ass Goodyear Eagles that are always on em? Still go tthe buckets in the front, not the bench? Rear seat that don't match? Any lightign left in it? (some departments don't re-use it all, especkly if switchign cars from one brand to another).

What can I say, I kinda like ex-cruisers. They got that 'bare-bones base model' vibe

buckets....and not sure about the tires..... and since she was the "company car" she still is outfitted with white and green LED's....(ill try to get a video of them)...

but I love this car I really do.....and since im still doing security for my boss(who i bought the car from) i can legally use all my lights when i'm on my various sites.

hee hee

lol ive already been called a whacker by a few friends on the local PD....

I wish i had the siren still....... that would scare the deer i come in contact with.

Nice!! I actually like old cop cars, provided they are properly packaged and cheap enough. (first car was a 77 Fury)

It looks like you got a good one and clean, no piss stains in the back or doughnut jimmies in the front... ;)

B

she's has it really easy the last few years as the PD we got her from switched to the charger and she wasnt hurt to bad .... and then she was used to make short runs about 2 times a month by my boss...and now.....i gots her

Now that you've got that car you can go around and scare the piss out of people. It cracks me up with cars slam on their brakes or suddenly turn only to pass a kid driving an ex fleet car.

I wait for a honda to roll past full of mexican's "around where I live 99% are illegal" and I just freak em out for a good spell.....but I've actually had to use the light package already (ive had it about a week)

I patrol a very large local private shcool and I work right along metro nashvillePD and I had a "suspect" pinned to the ground and the only way they (metro PD) found me is, I had went code 3 before exiting my car.

he had drugs and a pistol that was empty and had fallen out of his pocket while he fled.

Edited by BIGPHIL

Didnt the true Intercepters have the Huffed 5.4 making a rated 550Hp,if thats the one you have then good job picking.And the cops around me use some whacky rubber,like Kuhmos or something.

And like Slickness said,have fun humping that hay(small bails suck,big rounds are ok cause you can roll them)

Edited by nismothunder

Ummm...no. Every Crown Victoria used in the force is a 4.6L, that's all Ford puts in them. In the old days they did have the 5.0L though.

No they didnt,they had 5.8(351w) with 2 barrel carbs in the intercepter(210hp/310torqe vs 160hp/210lbs)up until 1991,I doont know why you keep bringing up the 302 like its the holy grail of engines,cause it not,there not even that dependable.And yes,I was right,they did test the 5.4 in the intercepter,as they did the v10.The 5.4 had a kennebell huffer and it made 540 hp on 93 octane.And the new vics arent fast ether,there speed limited to 120 and 130 (3.55 and 3.23 gears) while the old caprices made 260 horse power and could go 147.Now I'm not knocking the panther c-vic since it has a lot going for it,mainly the dependabilty of there 4.6 engines(all forged insides with a special cam) and there saftly(reinforced subframe,limo 8.8 rear axle with 31 splines and 13 inch rotors and 17 wheels(as of 06,older ones had 16s) and they go 500,000 miles with out a problem thanks to there heavy duty parts.Why do you think taxi companys buy them.

And Phil,you did get a good car,the Panthers had a lot going for them but ford is killing them off in 2011

Civilian Crown Victorias had 5.0Ls in them. Pop the hood of a late square body style and look. I wasn't only talking about police issue cars, which yes did have the option of the 351s. "Police vehicles could still be had with the 351."

I think we're both saying the same thing.

They tested those but I've never heard of one being used in the force. It would be badass though and pretty funny to watch a hot @!*% ricer try and run. I don't think he would get very far.

I still plan on buying an old interceptor someday. All blacked out...sexiness.

Edited by Kingman

Denny Heckler had one of the 5.4's,(hes was a big time car dealer how got caught for not paying taxes or something) and it got sold with 29k on it for 9,000(around there)

The late model box's with the heavy duty towing package could be had with a 351 also.Police used both 5.0 and 5.8 vics from the day,and 5.0 Ltd's.I have a 86 winter beater c-vic with the 5.0 in it with the aod,its blacked out(primered with black steelies) with a dodad or too on it.It rides nice(like a ocean liner) and will go places normal cars couldnt.

And there are sevral nice c-vics done up on cardomain,2 and 4 door ones.Check them out if you want.