Bumper Bolts

OldSlowReliable

This again, lol

Thread/pitch of the upper bumper mounting captive nuts. I had bolts that fit great on the lowers, but for some reason they only thread in 1 or 2 times before they freeze up cold. Plus I just bought a 13 dollar ratcheting wrench to fit in there.

WTH is up with you and mounting bolts?? :tongue:

If I don't get home too late, I'll take a look. Upper mounting bolts?? The ones for the bracket that goes through the radiator support?? IIRC they are M8x1.25, same as the exhaust studs. I seem to recall posting that somewhere... :shrug:

B

WTH is up with you and mounting bolts?? :tongue:

If I don't get home too late, I'll take a look. Upper mounting bolts?? The ones for the bracket that goes through the radiator support?? IIRC they are M8x1.25, same as the exhaust studs. I seem to recall posting that somewhere... :shrug:

B

The upper bolts on the stock bumper mounting brackets if that makes sense.

I found the stock ones for the purpose of getting the truck to the welder, but I don't exactly trust them in the long run. Atleast now I can go to the store and try to eye-match them as a last resort.

Just make a real bumper and weld it on. :my2cents: On a real note i would try to help you but during my body lift i ended up cutting them out and installing new rev-nuts so mine are not the right size anymore.

Lol...this is when I wish I owned a heep (jeep lol) cause making a jeep bumper is pretty straight forward, the frame is right there, they bolt up easy and its amazingly easy to make the mounts.

I got it done, reused the originals, drilled out the drivers side captive nut and drilled through the frame for both (one had already broken free) and they hold REALLY well. took it to the welder and he welded it all up nice and straight. With the upper mounts my worst fears are real, the combo of lower mounts that angle up and upper mounts that angle down makes it nearly impossible to get the bumper on/off, but with how I cut the uppers, and taking a hammer to the lower edge of the original stock mounts, I was able to get it so they just barely clearance correctly.

Gotta clean up the trailer-hitch dude's welds a bit, and it should be good to pull from. I won't pull from the recently welded side, as I can't quite tell how good he welded it, but it should be perfect.