oil smells like gas?

Alrighty then,I have a 95 pathfinder xe 4x4 with a blown auto(still has reverse,1st and half of second) and the 3.0 vg30e v6.It has always run very well but this last problem it had is a monster.It started about a month ago,I started it up after sitting for about a week and it was missing,badly,it sounded like it was hitting on 3-4 cylinders and was kinda louping along like it had a monster came.It did not want to rev,it went to 3k would sit there a little bit and then go up to red line.It was also pushing a ton of white smoke like a head gasket let go,but it wasnt a head gasket,it did not smell like antifreeze burning,smelled like bad gas.So I let it idle for like a hour to burn as much of the gas in there as possible.I put 5 gallons of freesh stuff in and it idled better but still had a miss.I check the oil again and it was black as coal and smelled like gas.I changed it and the filter with fresh pennzoil and the miss has gone away and it runs just fine now.

I dont understand this,is it that gas is getting past my rings into the crank?It doesn burn a little oil,nothing bad but if you sit and spin the tires in mud or something for 30 seconds theres acloud of blue smoke by the tail pipe and you can smell it burning.Could it be a bad injector(s) thats running rich causeing this problem(the white smoke?)

Yes, the oil smells like gas because of the rings letting fuel past them. It's common as motors age.

True, my oil smells a little bit like gas.

That's why it's important to change oil more frequently as the car gets older.

1. Regular Pennzoil sucks

2. Your gas could be stale or have water in it because your seal is leaking

I'm guessing its one of these since it did go away with fresh gas and oil.

And yeah,Pennzoil blows dead goats,it looks used compaired to quaker state that I usally use.Its just that I have at the momet 26 quirts of 10-w40 that I need to use up of the stuff.