Battery Sizes

Tungsten

Well I am tired of cleaning the every now and then corrosion from my battery and was thinking about upgrading to an AGM type battery. Does anyone know what the biggest size/type is of the battery that can fit into that location or box?

Will this fit? It is a Group 65 DieHard Platinum, which is an AGM type battery with 930 CCAs.

Diehardplatinum65.jpg

Edited by Tungsten

measure your battery area, if you have the physical room it will fit. Don't forget to check hood clearance. Otherwise you can go as big or as many as you have room for. It won't affect the electrical system unless you have more things draining them than your alternator can keep up with.

How much is that diehard? Let us know if it fits I might need one like that. I still have the tiny battery that was in my pathy when I bought it. When I finally get my bumper in and install my winch I will need a larger battery.

James

Make an internal battery box in the back of your truck :shrug: than you can make it as big as you want and clear up a little chunk of property under your hood.

I always use a battery that is designed for a full size ford, funny thing is when I bought my current battery the part number for the ford was the same for the pathfinder, only thing you really have to watch is to make sure the positive and negative posts are on the same sides as the stock battery so the cables will reach, extra height and width isn't really a problem. Stock battery calls for like a 630 CCA I always get one over 850CCA if I can

OK so I got this battery and was wondering if the 70 Amp stock alternator will be able to fully charge this thing up. If not I could take it back and get something smaller.

The battery fits fine, it is only a foot wide. However, I opted for group size 34 instead, which is a little narrower. It provides 880 CCA and same 135 minute RC.

The stock specs on this truck call for a minimum of 700 CCA and a group size of 34 to fit perfectly into the box.

Edited by Tungsten