Weird intake sounds?!

OldSlowReliable

Put the factory box on instead of my cone filter. Got a new fram air filter all set and ready, its in and everything is closed/tightened BUT

I start it up, and it sounds like its running normal, but when I hit the gas to rev it up a tad, when it falls in rpms after I take my hand off the throttle, it makes this crazy fluttering sound, kind of like slowing a car down via a lower gear if you know what I mean

Put the factory box on instead of my cone filter. Got a new fram air filter all set and ready, its in and everything is closed/tightened BUT

I start it up, and it sounds like its running normal, but when I hit the gas to rev it up a tad, when it falls in rpms after I take my hand off the throttle, it makes this crazy fluttering sound, kind of like slowing a car down via a lower gear if you know what I mean

No,I dont know what you mean...but check to see if the case is warpped and see if the filter is messed up.Did you put all the tubes for the air box back on?Are you sure its coming from the air box and not the exhaust?Did you put the filter in the right way,somepeople will put it in so the metal side is facing the inlet pipe and not the tbi...

The $10 fram air filters have done good by my book, cheap and filter just fine as far as I can tell.

the filter isn't sealing inside the box

That would make sense, my box is sort of warped and it was hard as hell to get it in there, its probably not covering an edge.

Ideas on how to fix this due to a 3" body lift? I can barely lift the top half all the way off

No,I dont know what you mean...but check to see if the case is warpped and see if the filter is messed up.Did you put all the tubes for the air box back on?Are you sure its coming from the air box and not the exhaust?Did you put the filter in the right way,somepeople will put it in so the metal side is facing the inlet pipe and not the tbi...

I know its not in backwards (seriously? people do that? lol)

I put all the tubes back on, but the most forward fender inlet has a broken push pin thing so its not sealed very well on that connection where it clips to the fender.

It was most definately from the air box, but it caught my attention because it sounded like a fart can after revving the engine.

Ideas on how to fix this due to a 3" body lift? I can barely lift the top half all the way off

Unbolt the bottom support bracket on the engine side allowing the box to sag on that side and tilt the entire unit. It doesn't make it perfect, but it helps a lot...

B