How do i put a new window in?

Kyle94

i had a break in, someone smashed my window, more details on that in my other thread... AHHHH!

Anyway i need to figure out how to replace my window, the theives broke the window on my back door, the little one next to the roll down one... any help is appriciated... i will be going to the junk yard soon and need to know how to take the one in the junkyard out and put it in my truck... thanks in advance... those bastards... :shiftyeyes:

Edited by kyleky07

its a PITA...remove the interior door panel...then remove all of the window motors and glass...theres a bolt or 2 on the middle support...remove that then you can put the new glass in...i've only stripped doors never replaced the glass...good luck

I don't know what you guys are talking about, it is extremely easy to swap the windows in and out of the truck. At most there is 2 bolts holding the window, try removing the seal first and go from there.

its a PITA...remove the interior door panel...then remove all of the window motors and glass...theres a bolt or 2 on the middle support...remove that then you can put the new glass in...i've only stripped doors never replaced the glass...good luck

If its anything thing like replacing wing windows,then your better off getting a new door complete,there a pain to put the new weather strip onto(if there like wing windows)

I don't know what you guys are talking about, it is extremely easy to swap the windows in and out of the truck. At most there is 2 bolts holding the window, try removing the seal first and go from there.

thanks for all your guys's help... i got a window from the junkyard today and my uncle and me put it in.. not too terribly bad... :tongue: