VG30 ITB setup

Manifesto

So after reminiscing in my tuner days, I stumbled upon THIS

quite possibly the sexiest piece of kit out there for the VG family

This picture is of a Vq35DE ITB setup but the VG30E, and I believe the VG33E could be set up exactly the same. By the picture it almost looks like they have the same lower intake manifold.

NissanVQ35_1300c.jpg?t=1233718552

All the parts needed to build this can be purchased from Extrudabody.

http://extrudabody.com/

I know it would take a stand alone and the cost is more than 99.9% of the members here can afford... but... the sound... would = pure sex for NA vs supercharge xD :crossedwires:

*continues day dreaming*

Edited by Manifesto

the problem with individual TBs it that It kills your bottom end.

Granted for top end It would be limitless for Air flow but to keep the power climbing stronger past 4500 rpm without forced air you would need to find a way move the timing maximum advance to a higer RPM.

thats why the trubo Z's did so well, once they ran out of advance the bost PS was high enough that it needed to stop advancing and in some cases even retard some.

Over all I think its a bad Idea unless you are buiding an N/A strip car with a robust and more flexible ignition system.

And no the VQ and VG lowers will not swap.

edit;

not to mention I think this setup woul have to aquire its AFR bases on a wideband o2 only. so your looking @ making a new computer for wideband o2 only & timing to run this thing.

Edited by MY1PATH

ah I know the whole lowers wouldn't swap, but it looks like it would still bolt to a VG lower

and there still is no emission testing in my province hehe

bah, like I said, I know it'd be more money than 99% of us could afford to make happen :( but... ahh shiiiiiny xD

snorkel fail

rolling.gif

Way to be a buzzkill, man.......... :-)

Sry guys I was looking @ the functional pov for our vehicles, I just don't see it.

yes it does look cool, and if you case the ITBs in a plenum cover so they still draw air thru a maf you could prolly still use the stock ecu. (&aSnorkel)

Edited by MY1PATH

snorkel fail

individual snorkels ;) lol

also, they make additional plenums that fit over the ITB setup for turbo applications (yea... turbo AND ITB's, people do it apparently xD ) that could be piped to a snorkel on either side :)

lol I know it wouldn't be overly functional for... well any practical reason

but for any who have witnessed a well tuned ITB setup in person, it's just stupid cool knowing that the option is available

edit** just saw MY1PATH mentioned the plenum covers :)

it'd be different anyway

and highly impractical, perhaps... unless you were making a race truck or something

but... if I ever win the lotto, I'd definitely make it happen anyway ^_^

I'm salivating over all the sweet sweet low end torque there would be to play with xD

Edited by Manifesto