Wheel spacers

brix542

Hey I wanna get my tires to stick out around a extra inch. Is wheel spacers the best way to go? Dont wanna get new rims as I like the chromies I got. Any ideas and where to get? Kinda of hoping to put these on once i paint the pathy in the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks.

"1" wheel adapters" is what you are looking for. they bolt to your hub with low profile lugs and have studs sticking out from them for your wheel.

For the rear they will work fine but IMO for the front I am afraid they will put addittional stress on the IFS. if this is a street only rig by all means this will be fine but other wise I would reccomend finding a set of 15x8 wheels in a similar style (you have 15x7). 15x8 will get you wider but the center of your footprint will change half as much as it would with spacers thus reducing unwanted stress.

Slaash where did you get get your spacers and how much? Where can i get adapters? Thanks.

Ebay... I live in Chile, like US$200 (with shipping) 4 wheel spacers + bolts. As far as I know the spacers = adapters.

These are the ones I got

15306_439089049917_540024917_5612337_2456566_n.jpg

15306_439089044917_540024917_5612336_797734_n.jpg

They are ridiculously light..

Edited by Slashjt

here is the deal with wheel spacers.

I have seen people run them with absolutely ZERO issues.

then i've seen them come off on a regular basis.

I just don't trust them.

(they seam to hold u fine on toyotas, maybe its the 6 bolt pattern, and most failures i've seen are on a 5 bolt pattern)

:iws:

I just don't trust them.

Seriously, that's where I'm coming from. It also puts more stress on the wheel bearings but different rims can do similar also.

I won't run them though.

B

most common issue with wheel spacers is when people stack the spacers (adapters) with low backspacing rims, it puts too much stress on the outer hub bearing causing it to wear out quicker. Then there the much smaller risk of snapping parts, ive had this happen to my truck with 2" spacers on 5" bs rims. 2 of the lug had been previously damaged and when they failed all 6 lugs went with them. Only happened to a single wheel and havent had any issues sense i replaced the whole knuckle (losing a tire going 25mph does alot more damage then you think).

Anyway im gona stick with adapters and probably gona goto 3" adapters soon anyway, but i highly suggest triple and quadruple checking your lug torque with adapters. hell i would suggest checking them with every oil change, Adapters are good but like stated they increase stress on your stock parts.