need help with a diagnostic

arty

So u guys I'm driving on the freeway my truck is fine like always no problem ...all of a sudden I get off the freeway n I get this loud jerk coming from the engine bay my rpm's rapidly drop to 1,000 I step on the gas thinking it was just bogging out raises to like 2,500 n then just turned off .....so I pull over n try to crank it n it won't trun over it just sound like it wants to .......I checked the fuel pump n its good ....I'm getting a headache with this any help will be more than apreciated ........thank u in advance ....!!!

I can still c it intact .....so its not ripped it should be lose rite .....I could only c from a little crack when I removed two screws from the cover

Well I have had the truck for a year already ....n I haven't changed it ....n I don't think the person that had it prior to me changed it ......

What I meant to say is that if it ripped or slipped its should be a lil loose or sumtin ....man I hope its not that ima remove the hole cover now ......

Not sure of the mpfi setup under the hood, but I recently had a fuel like issue that was caused by my coil wire rubbing the a/c belt and arching off a bracket on the front of the motor. Sputtered out like it lost fuel and wouldn't start until it was noticed and moved/wrapped in electrical tape till I got home.