A new addition!

ILoveMyPatty

ANOTHER WD21!

I picked up a 1994 SE 5spd today for $1500. She's got 250km on her. Picked it up cause mine was starting to go downhill and I couldn't keep up with the fixes- she hasn't been road worthy for a year now...

The good: It has less wrong with it than my 1990 (AC works, interior lights work, headlights work, exhaust doesn't leak like a sieve, interior which is leather is mint, dash is sexy, the power windows work, IFS components aren't destroyed...), it has a brand new chrome rear bumper too. Along with a 3rd brake light that's super bright and a wind deflector (which broke on mine)

The bad: It's got some body damage on the passenger side, drivers front fender is rusty, drivers rear frame is rusted out, drivers LCA link had snapped. Also, the clutch slips a little when I stomp on it going up hills. All of these things will be easy peasy fixes now that I have my '90 as a parts truck :)

As she sits now, I've swapped my JGC coils over and thats it. Tomorrow morning I will be re-indexing my torsions and doing my body lift... then it's off to work where I will swap over my stereo (that's brand new and I just put in the 1990... ugh).

I'll have some pics soon.

Ah they'll be minor. I've got the replacement LCA link out already. Probably be a little over an hour of work tomorrow, re-indexing and replacing that link.

Then I'll be pulling the body lift out of my '90.

Does anyone know how to replace the front door handles? I haven't taken a close look at them, but the drivers side is broken on one side, so ya have to be gentle. Anyone?

Congrats, the swap out won't be too hard. Make sure to grab every sensor and relay before you get rid of the carcass though. ;)

Door handles are easy once you have pulled the door panel. Be careful with the door panels, they are easy to damage. Use a long flat bar to put leverage at the plastic clip bases and you should be alright.

B

Okay... I've got some pictures that will be coming as soon as I bluetooth them from my phone...

They're not the kind of pics I was hoping to upload on here.

After swapping over my JGC coils, re-indexing/cranking my t-bars and changing out the LCA link bushings and the drivers side link, I decided I'd drive 'er to work.

All was going well until I crossed a cattleguard and my drivers side t-bar popped out of the LCA... how in the HELL did that happen. The c-clip is still in the t-bar at the crossmember... I don't know how this happened but I'm not too pleased.

My tire was tucked up in my fender and I got really lucky- no damage to tire, fender or fender flare.

I started walking to the closest house (I live in an area with no cell reception). After walking about 2 miles, I stopped in at a house and the lady (who is practically my neighbor) drove me home where I called a tow-truck and had it towed home.

Pics soon.....