Seeking source for polyurethane sway bar bushings

piste

http://www.4x4parts.com

They sell whole bushings as well as split bushings (for easier installation). I have the split bushings & love them!

Know them well...tried them first..ordered a bunch of stuff yesterday in fact. They don't have them for 97's. And regarding split vs one piece...I think you might be thinking about link bushings......and on that note...just pressed in the one pieces in my lower links last weekend!!

25 bucks at autozone.

why is this stuff so hard to find for some people.

Thanks. Don't know the specs on mine...but there is an AZ store right near me so figuring they can help me with that....bar diameter...link length and all.

Yea, I haven't been able to find some either. Advanced auto didn't have what I needed. all other suspension, no problem, sway bars, a little difficult. But then, why do you really need poly bushings for the sway bars? doesn't really make that much of a difference at all. I'm sourcing because I Just want to know whats available for my truck.

Jose

:stickwack:

Eh? I don't get it. Why the stick whack?

Thought it was a simple question...Seems it's not as simple an answer as 87pathy seems to think.??

If you go to Autozone.com and put in your vehicle specs and search for sway bar bushings.. they come up.

Actually...that's not what I see. Try it for a 1997 Pathy SE....and I get two responses...one for rubber bracket bushings...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Sway+Bar+Bracket+Bushing&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+%26+Steering&navValue=14600205&itemId=205-0&parentId=46-0

and one for replacement links with rubber bushings...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Sway+Bar+Repair+Kit&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+%26+Steering&navValue=14600197&itemId=197-0&parentId=46-0

Or if I use the "product search" box instead of navigating through the parts catalog...I get 80 different bushings back of all difference sizes.

Now...I'm not saying AZ doesn't have polyurethane sway bar bushings and links for a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE....but danged if they can be found without knowing the part dimensions via the web site. They appear to carry this sort of thing so I'm just gonna stop by the store and see if tehy can help me there.

And BTW...someone deleted their post in this thread wherein they might owe you $100 via Paypal??

Edited by piste

But then, why do you really need poly bushings for the sway bars? doesn't really make that much of a difference at all. I'm sourcing because I Just want to know whats available for my truck.

Jose

Well...not sure "NEED" is the right word..as I don't know that anyone NEEDS poly bushings anywhere. But the benefits of poly bushings as I understand it are longer life and somewhat stiffer and/or improved performance. But all that aside...what is it about sway bar bushings in particular that you believe the general benefits of poly would NOT apply? And to my knowledge ...your statement that they don't make that much of a difference at all is incorrect.

Actually...that's not what I see. Try it for a 1997 Pathy SE....and I get two responses...one for rubber bracket bushings...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Sway+Bar+Bracket+Bushing&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+%26+Steering&navValue=14600205&itemId=205-0&parentId=46-0

and one for replacement links with rubber bushings...

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?displayName=Sway+Bar+Repair+Kit&currentPage=1&categoryDisplayName=Suspension+%26+Steering&navValue=14600197&itemId=197-0&parentId=46-0

Or if I use the "product search" box instead of navigating through the parts catalog...I get 80 different bushings back of all difference sizes.

Now...I'm not saying AZ doesn't have polyurethane sway bar bushings and links for a 1997 Nissan Pathfinder SE....but danged if they can be found without knowing the part dimensions via the web site. They appear to carry this sort of thing so I'm just gonna stop by the store and see if tehy can help me there.

And BTW...someone deleted their post in this thread wherein they might owe you $100 via Paypal??

ones for front, ones for rear.

owe me 100?

sweeet, i need money. I wanna go to canada next weekend for some wheeling

Well...not sure "NEED" is the right word..as I don't know that anyone NEEDS poly bushings anywhere. But the benefits of poly bushings as I understand it are longer life and somewhat stiffer and/or improved performance. But all that aside...what is it about sway bar bushings in particular that you believe the general benefits of poly would NOT apply? And to my knowledge ...your statement that they don't make that much of a difference at all is incorrect.

I'm just coming from the point that the bushings are really only to hold it in place. I'm sure it would help keep the bar more rigid in place, but it's not going to make it stiffer.

Jose

I'm just coming from the point that the bushings are really only to hold it in place. I'm sure it would help keep the bar more rigid in place, but it's not going to make it stiffer.

Jose

there's a reason they exist....you may not value it....but sounds like your coming from a point that warrants some further education on the matter on your part.

I saw that too. It was alexrex20.

there's a reason they exist....you may not value it....but sounds like your coming from a point that warrants some further education on the matter on your part.

Maybe so. I'm not an expert on it, or have knowledge from reading about it, so I speak from my mind only. But I'm still with you in finding some!

Jose

Maybe so. I'm not an expert on it, or have knowledge from reading about it, so I speak from my mind only. But I'm still with you in finding some!

Jose

Well my advice would be that when you want to "speak from your mind" without knowledge of what it is your speaking...don't state it as fact. :scratchhead: