OME vs IRONMAN

14 members have voted

1. 1. OME or Ironman?

• OME
    • Ironman

So custom coils don't need to settle? :scratchhead:

?? i must have been drinking when i wrote that. For some reason i thought you were researching AC coils...

Got my truck back in once peice again...the springs are great....I got about 4.25" form where it was....thats the 2.5" back to stock hight and about 2" of lift with the springs... the ride is great not too stiff like a lot of people would of thought of...just a lil bouncy in the rear....need new shocks i the rear...what do you think rancho or bilisteins? and part numbers if you know them.

Got GR-2 struts, 30x9.50 AT REVO tires on stock rims, still not a major off roader until i get some more funds to fix a few other things...

Well sorry for the late reply here been quite busy with school and such...Overall lift from the springs is 4 inches plus or minus half inch...depending on weight load... here are a few pix with the new springs...will start a post in the pix area of my truck soon today.

DSC01647.jpg

DSC01646.jpg

DSC01645.jpg

Got my truck back in once peice again...the springs are great....I got about 4.25" form where it was....thats the 2.5" back to stock hight and about 2" of lift with the springs... the ride is great not too stiff like a lot of people would of thought of...just a lil bouncy in the rear....need new shocks i the rear...what do you think rancho or bilisteins? and part numbers if you know them.

Got GR-2 struts, 30x9.50 AT REVO tires on stock rims, still not a major off roader until i get some more funds to fix a few other things...

Looks like you have an R50 in which case Rancho no longer makes a rear shock for them. They DID make the RSX17000 but have discontinued them...BUT...there are still some in the pipeline if you can find them. Just got mine from 4x4parts.com...and on that note...4x4parts.com indicates the RS5000s are for R50's...they are not....you can get them in...but they won't fit in the lower bracket the way they should.

Looks like you have an R50 in which case Rancho no longer makes a rear shock for them. They DID make the RSX17000 but have discontinued them...BUT...there are still some in the pipeline if you can find them. Just got mine from 4x4parts.com...and on that note...4x4parts.com indicates the RS5000s are for R50's...they are not....you can get them in...but they won't fit in the lower bracket the way they should.

Not quite true. They fit the 96-00 R50's fine. For years after that I don't kow. I think you have to flip them or somehing.

Time for some new beefy tires!

Jose

Edited by 180sx

Not quite true. They fit the 96-00 R50's fine. For years after that I don't kow. I think you have to flip them or somehing.

Jose

What are you saying is "not quite true"??

It is a fact that Rancho no longer produces a shock DESIGNED/INTENDED for the R50 Pathfinder.

It is a fact that the RSX17000 (previously made for R50s) is no longer produced ....due to disappointing in sales in case anyone was curious.

It is a fact (or at least it was as of two weeks ago) that there are some RSX17000s still in the pipeline.

It is a fact that 4x4parts.com indicates the RS5000's are for the R50 and they are not.

And as I clearly stated one can get an RS5000 onto an R50 but they won't fit the lower bracket/bolt the way they should. I can also get the engine from my Harley to "fit" into my R50 engine compartment. Guess it depends on one's definition of "fit". :headwall:

Jose

Not for a while... just bought $600 worth of the AT REVO tires...