VW GTI grille lights

ahardb0dy

I really hate it when I search for something online and can't find anything similar to what I'm looking for, drives me nuts, anyway looking for replacement lights like the type found in a 92 VW GTI grille, I think they will work in the grille that I have with the lights in it, noticed today the reflector chrome is falling off and when I put the grille in the pathfinder going to have to replace one or both lights. Thanks

I know Hella used to sell the complete grills but didn't find anything on their web site, the lights in my grille say Cerrullo or something on the front of them

Carello :) Made in Italy. AWESOME lights. Here's an H4 conversion comparison for the standard sealed beam here in the sates. carello on the left, standard US sealed beam on the right. I love whoring this picture out cause it just amazes me.

DSC00528.jpg

Nice, I used to have the Hella euro headlights in my 87, they say they have better optics and a different beam pattern than standard sealed beam headlights, need to find another pair cheap

Yeah, U.S. lighting is still based on standards set back in the 50s...

You can see the crisp cut off line in the euro light and how no light is above it, and on the US you can see the scattered light above. ****** picture, but you can still see it.

While in the junkyard today think I may have found some lights that might just work in my grille that I have, Saw a BMW 525, it has 4 small headlights and they look like they mount the same, have to take some measurements to be sure, but at the junkyard price of $4 if they don't work no big deal

While in the junkyard today think I may have found some lights that might just work in my grille that I have, Saw a BMW 525, it has 4 small headlights and they look like they mount the same, have to take some measurements to be sure, but at the junkyard price of $4 if they don't work no big deal

If it was an 70s/80s/early90s model then they are just standard 2 high 2 low round bulbs.

I know I looked it up, that would be fine, I just need to find some replacement lights for my grille, one is cracked and it may be the same one, the chrome is coming off the reflector

2v9bxtt.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy