Straps to prevent topping off the strut?

Timmons

I'm sure everyone here as at least experienced top off on their struts if they are using the 2"AC lift with either the Rancho or KYB brand. Think I just blew out one of my strut mounts by KYB. When I go over turtles or bumps, you can hear some deading movement in the tower and also vibrations throught the steering. Maybe someone has an opinion other than sturt mounts? The bummer part of this is a just bought the kit and had it installed like 6 weeks ago and this has already happened.

My next question leads into the topic. If your topping out on the strut, is anyone using straps to prevent the full impact when driving over bumps in the road?

Thanks,

Tim

I feel your pain... I am also fed up to top out and have decided to make a move about it... It is not installed yet but here is what I have bought.... Just have to find the time to fabricate the part that will be weld on the control arm...

everything I go from pacific customs

ac510050c_2.jpg

ac510050cv_2.jpg

RA17114_BeardLimitStraps_2.jpg

Hopefully I will have time in June...

I feel your pain... I am also fed up to top out and have decided to make a move about it... It is not installed yet but here is what I have bought.... Just have to find the time to fabricate the part that will be weld on the control arm...

everything I go from pacific customs

ac510050c_2.jpg

ac510050cv_2.jpg

RA17114_BeardLimitStraps_2.jpg

Hopefully I will have time in June...

Fleury's!! I'm very interested. I'm just ticked that I have to now already replace the KYB strut mount when it was just installed like 6 weeks ago.

Has anyone had problems with the Rancho struts purchased from 4x4parts.com?

Here is a thread about your crappy KYB mounts.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=20421

Straps? BLAH!! GO HARD, SON!!! YEE-HAWW! (haha, how you like them terms together?)

Jose

HAHA, love the terms Jose. Looks like a screwed up on two purchases though. Bought the wrong strut mounts at 4x4parts.com and the rancho struts. should have kept my original oem nissan strut mounts and went with the KYB-GR2 struts. Learning this costs money. Are those bump stops any good from 4x4parts.com? I read the entire topic.

are you guys goin fast over bumps or no? i have a wicked curb in front of my house, and i was going to get a 2'in suspension lift with KYB struts. would i need a strap to?

You don't NEED straps... if you change the way you are driving... It worked for me for a few months... BUt the roads here in quebec are so badly maintained, that I was getting surprise by a pothole or bump and was toping out at least once a week.... just got fed up and bought the hardware... will post the install soon.

I have the same issues with bumps around town and I top out at least twice a day, no choice. Some roads dip down so quick you can hear the strut hit hard. Now I'm sure I have damage to either my retarded KYB strut mount and rancho strut. Don't buy these struts, they are terrible. Need to replace them with the KYB GR struts from what I hear and don't use the KYB strut mounts from 4x4 parts.com. Use the OEM strut mounts. Now I got friggin steering wobble depending on the road condition. Sucks having to pay out that money and the parts are crap.