New Power Window Electrical Question - Fixed !

ahardb0dy

94 pathfinder my rear pass. side window was not working, today it will roll up and down from the drivers door switch but nothing from the rear door switch, being that the wires from the drivers switch run thru the rear door switch and out to the window motor, (checked this with test light), why would the window not move from the rear door switch? The switch is good as I tried it on the drivers side and it works fine. ANYONE???

Edited by ahardb0dy

best i can say is check your connections on your front drivers windows control by cleaning them all good and doing the same on your switch on the rear pass. Ihad the same problem and thought it was a switch but was just a dirty connection somewhere. After cleaniung both of them it works fine.

I FIGURED IT OUT !! WOO HOO !!! LOL

the switch on the rear door has 5 wires, white, white/pink, black, blue and blue/something not sure of the colors at the moment, anyway the white comes from the drivers door switch and controls up/down, the black comes from the drivers door and controls up/down, again not sure which way I checked these yesterday, the 2 blue go to the window motor, that left the white/pink, no power on the white/pink, thought maybe it was a ground tried grounding it still did not work.

Today realized the rear door switch has to have power to make the electric motor work when using the rear window switch, pulled the drivers rear switch and the white/pink wire has power when the key is on, pass side did not, removed the front door sill plate and found the white/pink wire and it had power, removed the pass seat, seat belt bolt, folded the carpet back and found the harness goes thru a plastic cover that makes like a "U" to avoid running near the seat belt bolt, unscrewed the plastic cover (2 screws), flipped it over and started looking for the white/pink wire, finally found it and found what looked like a burnt area filled with what looked like dirt or something, checked the wire, power on the front side none on the rear, cut out the bad part and connected the 2 halves with a butt connector, checked rear window and IT WORKED !!!, taped all the wires up and put everything back together.

Feels good when you finally figure out a problem like this especially an electrical problem, couldn't get any help from anyone here but that is ok, that's what I'm here for, LOL thanks anyway!!!

I FIGURED IT OUT !! WOO HOO !!! LOL

the switch on the rear door has 5 wires, white, white/pink, black, blue and blue/something not sure of the colors at the moment, anyway the white comes from the drivers door switch and controls up/down, the black comes from the drivers door and controls up/down, again not sure which way I checked these yesterday, the 2 blue go to the window motor, that left the white/pink, no power on the white/pink, thought maybe it was a ground tried grounding it still did not work.

Today realized the rear door switch has to have power to make the electric motor work when using the rear window switch, pulled the drivers rear switch and the white/pink wire has power when the key is on, pass side did not, removed the front door sill plate and found the white/pink wire and it had power, removed the pass seat, seat belt bolt, folded the carpet back and found the harness goes thru a plastic cover that makes like a "U" to avoid running near the seat belt bolt, unscrewed the plastic cover (2 screws), flipped it over and started looking for the white/pink wire, finally found it and found what looked like a burnt area filled with what looked like dirt or something, checked the wire, power on the front side none on the rear, cut out the bad part and connected the 2 halves with a butt connector, checked rear window and IT WORKED !!!, taped all the wires up and put everything back together.

Feels good when you finally figure out a problem like this especially an electrical problem, couldn't get any help from anyone here but that is ok, that's what I'm here for, LOL thanks anyway!!!

Glad you fixed it AND glad you posted this. I have a similar problem so I'll be looking at that harness now.

THANKS!

thanks, what problem are you having with yours? I feel like an expert after diagnosing mine for 2 days in a row, LOL

...same, controls from drivers door but not at the rear passenger.

But I can't do any troubleshooting on it yet. Truck is in pieces. :crossedwires:

LoL I do remember afew times when I had my door liner off I had to remove the swich form the liner and have it plugged in for my windows to work. lol wish I thought of it sooner

make sure the white wire with the pink stripe in the middle of the plug has power to it when the key is on. If not, remove the sill plate to the front door on whatever side has the window that won't operate, find the white/pink wire and see if it has power with a test light,