Old Threads Missing

Northernpathy

I was looking around and noticed that the forum does not seem to keep old threads around for very long. Anything over 3 months old seems to disappear.

Technically, it seems as if they are still there, but you cannot see them in the section that they were posted in, nor will they show up if you do a search.

For instance, I had a thread on removing the fender flares on my R50. I posted it in the 96-2004 Pathfinders section. But if you go look, you cannot find it. Searching for it will not cause it to turn up either. Luckily I posted a link to the thread in my truck thread, so I was able to find it.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=25558

Why do the old threads disappear? Why wouldn't they stick around so that anyone could see them? That seems like a waste of a lot of good information. I can't see it taking up much of any server space or causing any problems as most forums have all their threads, even very old ones (many years old), still around for everyone to view.

When you are viewing a section that has threads in it, on the bottom there is a dark blue band which shows your viewing filter options. Make sure it is set for 'view all'. If it is set for view last 90 days, then yes, you won't see them... ;)

We don't delete threads, they are still there.

B

does the same thing for searching posts... gotta make sure you have the 90 day filter thing off everythign you were looking for is there, just further than you thought :aok: