New Member: 1989 2 Door XE

Guest Skidmark

Guest Skidmark

What's up guys. I have a 1989 Pathy 2 dr w/ 199,000 miles on it. I bought it about 2 months ago from the father of a good friend for $1500 - he was the original owner & kept a record of every service, oil change, etc. The truck looks like hell, but it runs great and is a dependable beater. I absolutely love it.

This is my second Pathfinder, I used to have a 92 4 door XE which I bought for $2500, drove the wheels off, and sold for $2700 :) Pathfinders have always been good to me.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello.

I'm working on the stereo first, because I don't want to modify any engine/suspension stuff and risk causing anything to break. I own my own business and depend on this truck for it, so i can't take any chances.

I just installed a Clarion CD/MP3 deck, and bought a set of 4 x 6 infiniti plate speakers for the front doors. Anyone ever install these? Crutchfield says a 4x6 is a direct fit, but I don't understand how since its a 4" stock speaker :shrug:

Anyways, this looks like a nice forum, I look forward to learning a thing or two.

-study-

Cheers,

Alex

Congrats on the Pathy, Alex. :aok: Two doors rule !!! I've got an '87SE and have put 6-1/2" 3-ways (Alpine) in my doors, with their 6x9" 3-ways in the back. I thought 5-1/4" was stock Clarion size for the doors. :shrug: Anyhoo, the 6-1/2's fit no problemo, probably cheaper than a plate speaker, too. Just check for mounting depth on whatever it is you decide on, top mount/bottom mount will make a diference on clearance as well.

Now get to work on that paint ! :P

Guest Skidmark

Thanks for the welcome. And guys...

TWO DOORS PWN JOO!

:)

I got a smokin deal on those 4 x 6 in. plates, so I'm going to try to make 'em fit. If you were able to fit 6" in there, I should have no problem. I guess there is a speaker bracket that the 4" fit into - hopefully if I remove that, the 4 x 6 will mount directly to the door frame.

I got my windows tinted yesterday... 5% in the rear windows and 27% in the front w/ a windshield visor. It doesn't look very good, but I haul around expensive electronics for work so I needed it to prevent break-ins. My truck now looks like a psycho-killer truck. :takebow: