Sway Bar Anchors

Kittamaru

Just wanted to double check:

In my thread here it was mentioned how Nissan reinforced the sway bar anchors at a weak point - was curious when/what year they did this.

Also, are the 1990 and 1995 sway bar anchors interchangeable? Was wondering because DOA mentioned he had a set of '95 ones layin around and I didn't see anything helpful on Google (she's been letting me down recently actually... )

yeah people have broken the anchor points. I'm sure they're interchangeable. Possibly beefed up versions of the older? Some people have welded theirs back together with no problem afterwards. I'm sure someone with FAST can help you.

I guess you found replacements. Sorry, I missed your message in your other thread. (ya i know I'm a month+ late, been really busy lately) I just laid hands on mine, in case there is a need. Sorry again.

They came while I was away, and I'm working on cleaning them up now - they are original ones (no beefed up point) and I'm looking at ways I can improve them while lacking a welding torch of any kind - I'm semi-considering buying one, but that requires money (something I'm lacking, lol)

UPDATE - so far, I've soaked em in WD40 and used a wire wheel. I've gotten most of the rust and paint off (probably should use something more potent than WD40) and tomorrow I hope to finish them off, then clean and coat them. I have some rustolium paint - I figure two or three layers of that should be sufficient, as they are mostly hidden by the splash guard. Think that'll work?

On my 95 the points are pretty beefy, but had to use a sawzall to cut the dang rear mounts off...those suckers were on there...I guess my question is are you going to be driving a lot of highway/freeway miles or plan on going offroad? The SB's sure do cut down on the articulation...IMO

@ tmoore4512 - I plan to take her off roading once I get some other stuff done, but it'll be a year or two at least (especially with school and everything). For now, I want her back as my DD until I can get a car for that :)

@ ahardb0dy - I hate to say it, but I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking at there - I'm assuming the second or third one down is what I should be looking at? I have the mounts now, just looking to coat them with something to protect em from rust :)

Edited by Kittamaru

The front swaybar makes like no difference in articulation, I've tried with it off before and didn't really notice but with the rear off it really hugs the trail better. I hope to get some quick disconnects soon as I still drive a lot of highway and the body roll bothers me sometimes.

*nods* I guess I should be more explicate:

These are the front sway bar anchors I'm talking about. One of mine, literally, snapped in half a few years back and I only discovered it this year (I'm guessing a few years back because of the extent of the rust damage on the broken parts)