Front Swaybar

Okay, so im just bored at home and wondering how many people have taken off their front sway bar? I have had my rear sway bar off now for over a year and I didnt notice any difference taking that off, but then again the stock rear sway bar is minsecule compared to the front sway bar. For those of you who have taken them off, how does it ride after you take it off? Would anyone advise against taking it off for anything else other than wheeling? Might just take it off, drive it for a day and see if it scares me enough to put it back on :chairfall: Thanks for any input :)

I personally would never take off anything that would reduce the stability of my truck, but I do a different kind of off-roading than most. I am pretty sure some people have done it before and thought is was good. I would say just try it, its an easy on and off.

I have had both mine off for years and don't mine it. You will have a bit of body roll around corners but it is not that bad. High speeds might be the only time that I would say you have to watch out, but this would only be if you need to quickly avoid something by turning really fast. Take it off for a while if you don't like it then put it back on.

Strictly from a safety standpoint, You can obviously drive it without problems as long as you're in control, but I'm pretty sure the point of them is for when unexpected situations arise like avoiding a deer on the highway in the middle of the night on a lonely road where a quick jerk of the wheel at a high speed can be a little more dangerous. Also if you do manage to stay upright from the initial high speed steering wheel jerk, then you have to consider the one that follows to correct it after building up all that energy up from the first, the second correction is usually much worse due to the speed, and kinetic energy built up from the first. Most of the time its on the second correction that people go over.

All things told. Accidents happen when you don't expect them... That's why they are called Accidents. if it were me, I would most likely just either fab up or purchase a set of quick disconnects because honestly... you have to consider where you do most of your driving. Are you on the Roads more then the Mud? If so then to me safety is not something I wish to let slide.

Edited by Dowser

I took my rear sway bar off and it handles the same. I've never taken the front off but I'm happy with how my truck handles. If ain't broke, don't fix it... :shrug:

But like the others posted, try it out and see how it changes. Then you'll know. :aok:

I say why don't you take a bit more time to fabricate some kind of easy and cheap sway bar disconnect for our r50 then sell one copy to me ? ! :-)

best of both worlds..

I know the R50's and the WD21's are different set ups and to be honest I don't have the slightest clue what the sway bars look like on the R50's, but perhaps you can use some of what this person did to get some inspiration or idea's.

Good Luck

Remember Alex had sway-a-way shocks mounted instead of sway bars? He said highway driving was pretty scary at speed. Just a thought...

Jose