Pistons And Specifications

Alright, I'm planning my summer build and I am gonna be rebuilding the motor from the ground up.

I will be replacing all the seals, bearings, and gaskets in the bottom end as well as piston rings and the pistons. I found these Cast Aluminum Pistons on SummitRacing.com for $306 for a 6 piston set. Problem is the rings are not included. So I am back tracing the pistons to the manufacturer to see if I can find matching rings.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/UEM-9075-75MM/All/

So my questions are:

1. Will these work as a stock replacement?

2. What measurement rings will correspond to these pistons?

3. Will I have problems later on down the road if I switch to Cast Aluminum?

4. Are there better deals out there where the pistons are Cast Aluminum?

5. Is there anything else I should consider replacing while I have the engine stripped to the block?

Any thoughts, opinions, or helpful comments will be appreciated.

from a quick glance.

they're oversized pistons .75mm over

you will need rings that are .75mm over

no problem with cast aluminum. most pistons are that.

check out napa. rockauto. your local parts store for prices.

I spent 355 total for .75mm over pistons and they include the rings and pins at napa.

i would check your bearing clearance on your crankshaft to see if they're in spec, otherwise, youll need to get new bearings and machine the crank.

Look into the cost of machining if you are going that complete of a tear down. Overbore (if you need/want it), at least getting the lip taken off the top of the cylinders and the cylinders rehoned. Valve seats reground and the head plained if needed, etc.

I got a friend of mine who found a place to get his heads Port and Polished for $200 flat. So I was thinking about looking into that.

I don't want to bore it, just gonna rehone the cylinders, and get that lip off the top of the cylinders.

My goal is not to spend more than $700 in parts to get it running.

Then those pistons are not going to work for you. First step over boring is usually .03" over, which neatly happens to be .75mm...

Unless you really want to do this, why don't you just buy a good motor for $500?? Odds are you will spend more than the $700 otherwise...

B