I Hope This Goes The Way I Want It To

BIGPHIL

As you may or may not know I am a security officer and I love my job. I did work at a grocery store for 5 years and I hated everything about it. but I digress.

About 3 weeks ago I apply for a PD(police department) back home in ALA and they are bringing me back for my second set of interveiws and background checks... this alone is a pretty good start and im pretty pumped about it.

just FYI ya know lol

I applied when I was about 20. Didn't pass the "Have you ever smoked pot" question, though. I figured they might want a NARC with some first-hand experience. :aok:

But seriously, a call-back within a month's time is prolly a pretty good sign. Good luck.

Gotta agree with B, since I kinda work with police I gotta play nice with them. While I generally don't mind since most of the ones I deal with are cool, there are ones I hold my thoughts back with... Be on the cool side man, don't let the badge take you over.

LOL I'm generaly a really cool guy to be around ,but when i'm working I can go against my nature and be a huge DICK.... but when I feel bad about it I remember I get paid to be an ass hole ....... of course thats only if the situation need that course of action.

on the "pot qestion" I don't drink, smoke(anything),never been pulled over, and not one run-in with LEO.

but when I feel bad about it I remember I get paid to be an ass hole ....... of course thats only if the situation need that course of action.
Not to bust balls, but no. Your job will be to uphold the laws and provide for the safety of the citizens in your jurisdiction. Once you pin on that badge you are held to a much higher standard of conduct than a civilian. Agressive, authoritative? Sure. But if you ever act like an a-hole in any situation you are not doing your job. Bouncers are paid to be a-holes, not cops.

I am a security officer at a bar/private school now I know that LEO's are held to higher standards.

I was saying that it is not my nature to be an ego driven asshole but when the saftey of myself and others is atstake because of some douche I WILL act as needed.

Edited by BIGPHIL

10-4, bud. I didn't mean to question your integrity, but the "dick" comment kinda threw me off. I have a lot of respect for law enforcement and what they do, but each officer is just a person under the uniform and some will let the authority get the better of them. If your waiter or the guy at the bank is being a dick, no big deal. But if the cop that you're interacting with is being one, that creates a whole different situation for you. Honestly, I hope you get the job, man. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers. And I definately agree sometimes a little "attitude adjustment" is warranted when dealing with a douche.

Congratz phil, and good luck :) haha there's alot of dick cops out there, but there's alot of really good, fair cops too that I have had the pleasure of dealing with after being pulled over.

Some cops can be a-holes. But it's all good. Just smile! Hope you get the job man! I remember I got pulled over by a cop when I had the RX-7. He gave me 7 tickets at once (luckily speeding wasn't one of them), then we probably talked for 45 minutes about my car and his 5.0 'Stang he had. I wasn't mad at him that I had to pay $600 in fines, he was doing his job. The problem is people get mad at the Police, but the 5-0 is just doing their jobs. You can't get mad at a cop for giving you a ticket for doing 20 MPH over the speed limit. Thats just dumb.

Jose

Wow, good news. So does that mean you've been accepted or are there some other prerequesites you'll have to pass?

I am not accepted just yet I still need to pass my pysch eval. and also a formal interveiw then it's off to the academy fo me lol here is a more complete list

Steps in the Hiring Process

Background Checks

• Criminal History

• Drivers History

• Work History

Physical Agility Test

• 22 Push-ups in one minute

• 25 Sit-ups in one minute

• Obstacle Course in one and a half minutes

o 6 foot wall

o weight drag (160 lbs for ten feet)

o 6 foot balance beam

o go through a window

o push a car 30 feet

o 20 yards sprinting between each obstacle

• Mile and a half run in 15 minutes & 28 seconds

Formal Interview

• Conducted by two Captains

• All answers are recorded

Pre-Employment Aptitude Test

• Designed for entry level

• Administered by Opelika’s Human Resources Department

• Minimum score of 70 required

Polygraph Test

• Very comprehensive

• Usually takes two – three hours

• Applicants who pass this phase are conditionally offered employment with our Department

• Conditions are that you must pass a medical examination and a drug screen

Edited by BIGPHIL