'96.5 Pathfinder?

tommyh

I am in the process of buying a '96 SE and have seen comments about the '96.5 Pathfinder, but in searching all of the forums that I can find I can't seem to figure out what was changed. Any links or info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

1996 was the first year the R50 pathfinder came out. If in fact there is a 96.5 pathfinder, it may very well be the same as the 96.

I am guessing though. It doesn't make much sense that they would make any changes a half a year after releasing the new generation truck.

I don't think they changed anything from the 96 to 96.5 model year.

But I do know that pathfinder went through a front fascia change in 99.5

Edited by silverton

VG33 to VQ35 happened in 2001. 99.5 is the front fascia, bigger brakes, and rear shock relocation, among a couple other things.

I'm pretty sure there is no '96.5 Pathfinder. As Pezzy posted, it would've been pretty illogical for Nissan to release a new generation Pathfinder in late '95 and then release another less than a year later. Based on what's been posted on here, I think you may be referring to the '99.5 Pathfinder, which was the first year the R50 was given its new front fascia and modified rear shock mounts.

Could just be that the wd21 was deemed to be fazed out at a surtent date but they had keep building them because the car50 wasnt ready to go into production after that date(like the 70 camaro,they didnt come out until the summer of 70 so some people call them 70.5s)

VG33 to VQ35 happened in 2001. 99.5 is the front fascia, bigger brakes, and rear shock relocation, among a couple other things.

Sorry for the thread jump....but you mentioned the bigger brakes....can this be an upgrade on my 96.....can bigger brakes be put on?

I am sure they could, though, I'm not sure what you'd need other than calipers, rotors, and pads. Possible that wheel bearings and wheel hubs (not 4wd hubs) would need replacement as well.