Power Antenna

Mr. Pickles

Has anyone replaced a power antenna on a WD21? I can't seem to find how to remove it easily, if possible. Mine hasn't worked in... well, about 6+ years. :) The reception lately has gotten terrible, so its probably about time. I didn't see access from under the hood or fender well, any thoughts?

Pull the fender liner, might have to pull the fender. Is there a screw or nut on the top (of the fender)? If not then there should be something inside it.

Only reference to the Antenna I found in the FSM is on EL-59. It shows it coming out the top, but does not say or show how.

Pull the fender liner, might have to pull the fender. Is there a screw or nut on the top (of the fender)? If not then there should be something inside it.

Only reference to the Antenna I found in the FSM is on EL-59. It shows it coming out the top, but does not say or show how.

I saw the same on the FSM, pretty much is offers nothing. Grrrr that's what I was figuring, pull he fender liner and get into what houses half the electrical crap on my rig including aftermarket relays, fuses, oil filter relo kit, etc. etc... Not worth it to me so far. :) ok, I'll quit my whining! At this point, I'll probably just tap the antenna wire behind the deck to a bigger antenna up top on the roof rack for a better signal. Thanks anyways man!

*edit* I didn't find a nut or obvious screw, access, etc., but its been a while since I revisited. I'll check again of course soon.

Edited by Mr. Pickles