Door Issue...

Hi everyone, sorry about my first post being a plea for help. I've just bought a 95 SE to play with, solid drivetrain with some body rust. Seller couldn't get his passenger door to unlock. Apparently had the same issue with driver door and had Nissan fix it. I managed to get door panel off (in closed position) and then fiddling with the mechanism got it to unlock with a coat hangar + flashlight. Its sitting with no door panel right now and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue or has a fix for it ? My final solution would be to pull the door lock assembly off and fiddle with it. Issue in detail

- Once locked, door cannot be unlocked, using stalk OR electric button.

- Once door is locked I can't use the driver side 'Unlock' button, three working doors will unlock and instantly lock back

- Once door is unlocked using coat hangar it will not close. Lock has to be engaged for door to stay in place (closed).

- I can't get safety inspection done till I fix this :( !

Any and all help is appreciated ! Also apologies if this post is in a wrong section, coming from NASIOC, NPORAs new to me !

Cheers,

Fernando

as far as the three doors unlocking and then locking again, the door that is staying locked may have a connection loose on the actuator of the door locks. the other issues sound like maybe your actuators are no longer attached to your lock mechanism. check all of them to be sure that they are all attached properly.

I had a similar problem on my 2-door. There's a relay/circuit board assembly called a door lock actuator. Mine was behind the panel where the driver's seat belt runs out, dunno where it'll be on yours. Anyway if this circuit board shorts out from rust, wear or funk it's like someone is constantly pressing the lock button. Sound like the problem you're having?

I'm wondering if the actual latch assembly has an issue in the bad door...

My passenger door would do the exact same thing when I had that problem. Once you forced it to unlock it wouldn't shut right again. You could pull the lock knob up then it would immediately pop back down. I'm betting he's got an issue with the actuator or possibly some shorted wiring.

BTW PFNoob, If it ends up being the actuator there's plenty of folks parting out their trucks here.

It may actually be the latch... when I hit the power (lock/unlock)on the driver or passenger door, the stuck knob moves a few millimetres up but won't unlock... Driving around with the panel off currently, I'm actually contemplating pulling the latch assembly out and taking a look. Essentially the lock stalk itself works (I see it pulling on the latch assembly but the latch won't unlock), the power works because it will move the stalk the same distance I can by hand, and the door handle on the inside works - I see the rod pulling on the latch (once again latch sticks at a certain distance.

Peeking in with a flashlight (window down) I get my coathangar to pull on a little circular piece toward the front of the latch (facing hood), its got three grooves on it, this gets the latch to open with a very pleasing snap...