Bumper Ideas

hazco21

Despite some bad experiences for other NPORA members, I'm going with a "The Wincher" from Kennesaw Mountain Accessories KMA Bumper

I'm going with a cross between NPORA Member "Michigan Ave" and "Morpheus" bumper styles, I LOVE WHAT THEY"VE DONE WITH THEIR R50's! I'm ordering mine with a Winch style bumper with Grille and Light Guards with a fog light bar and turn signals and a CB Antenna mount tab.

Its my understanding, that production and delivery are a bit on the slow side, but I'm willing to wait! I'll be ordering sometime next week!

As far as sliders go, I think I'm going with Rocky Road Super Sliders Rocky Road Super Sliders

Edited by OfftourRoadie96

Im making my own this summer a hybrid between an ARB and KMA. I worked out prices and all of building materials and such and it should only cost about 350-400 bucks depending on metal prices and if I change up the design at all.

Im making my own this summer a hybrid between an ARB and KMA. I worked out prices and all of building materials and such and it should only cost about 350-400 bucks depending on metal prices and if I change up the design at all.

That is extremely cheap, I am looking forward to seeing this one...any change for multiple units?

That is extremely cheap, I am looking forward to seeing this one...any change for multiple units?

Nope, I am having a buddy who has made many custom bumpers before help me with it. I drew up a sketch in sketchup and the pics are on his laptop, I will see if I can get them from him. I plan on copying the mounting brackets from ARB and KMA using about 8 bolts per side to make sure its strong enough to winch with. He has made a custom bumper from scratch for both his truck and his XJ and also fabbing up some other things. Here are some pics of the bumpers he has built in the past. The truck bumper looks now like in the last pic, black w/red drings. But as you can see with the pics he is pretty talented, and the build for the bumper starts this summer :D

XJ Bumper

IMG_0303.jpg

IMG_0307-1.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

Truck Bumper

DSCN0039.jpg

DSCN0054.jpg

P1000402-1.jpg

100_0955.jpg

• 3 months later...

As expected it took a while but it looks like my bumper from KMA is finished I ordered it back in March 2010.......Hope its worth the wait......Kyle from KMA sent me a pic of the "Finished" bumper......Thanks To MORPHEUS and MICHIGAN AVE. for the inspiration!!!!! Should be shipped out soon......Now I just have to actually be home long enough to put it on!!!! KMA BUMPER for 96-99 Pathfinder :clickdalink:

IMG_0002.jpg

As expected it took a while but it looks like my bumper from KMA is finished I ordered it back in March 2010.......Hope its worth the wait......Kyle from KMA sent me a pic of the "Finished" bumper......Thanks To MORPHEUS and MICHIGAN AVE. for the inspiration!!!!! Should be shipped out soon......Now I just have to actually be home long enough to put it on!!!! KMA BUMPER for 96-99 Pathfinder :clickdalink:

IMG_0002.jpg

I ordered my WD21 bumper from KMA in May and still waiting. Yours is going to look awesome mounted up! I hope they don't take too much longer with mine, hunting season is just a couple of months away and I need to open up a few trails so the pathy will fit where I need it to go!

James

Looks good... Is it powder coated???????? Can't wait to see it installed!!

01silvapathy can you post the blueprints so I can figure out how your going to mount your bumper cuz I'm beginning the design stage of my bumpers and sliders

Looks good... Is it powder coated???????? Can't wait to see it installed!!

No, I paid an Extra $25 Bucks for them to basically "Spray Paint" is Gloss Black.....My next purchase will be Sliders (Rocky Road Super Sliders).

Looks good, it looks like it would fit a Dodge Ram though. :scratchhead:

Interested to see how it'll look on your rig!

I basically copied Michigan Ave (NPORA MEMBER) I think he's got the baddest Pathy around! I got it from KMA and got the same Bumper options as well, I know it will fit!

It will look like michiganave's pathy, he's got the same bumper on his qx4...here are some pics. I honestly think that if I was going to make a bumper it would have a bit more approach angle and stuff, and this kinda looks a wee bit wide for my taste, but its a helluva lot cheaper than an ARB thats forsure!

qx4-2.jpg

qx4flex-1.jpg

Edited by 01silvapathy

Id say design it so that it is compatible with a winch so you dont have to go back and redesign when you want to get a winch. You dont have to put a winch in right away just be sure you have provisions for one when or if you get one.