Brass Tube Fittings

OldSlowReliable

I highly recommend going with fittings that terminate in barbed hose fittings. Much easier to deal with and perfectly suitable. That way you don't have to mess with hard tubing which can be a pain to do right if you aren't used to it.

Look at my tranny temp gage thread in the 90-95 section or let me know if you need any more info...

Congrats on doing this BTW, but that isn't an electrical sender is it? Too bad, it's by far the best way to go. :shrug:

B

I highly recommend going with fittings that terminate in barbed hose fittings. Much easier to deal with and perfectly suitable. That way you don't have to mess with hard tubing which can be a pain to do right if you aren't used to it.

Look at my tranny temp gage thread in the 90-95 section or let me know if you need any more info...

Congrats on doing this BTW, but that isn't an electrical sender is it? Too bad, it's by far the best way to go. :shrug:

B

My sensor is electric, and I'm ordering the cooler/fitting right now.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/60381/10002/-1

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15270/10002/-1

I hope it all works out, and that it gets here on time....spring break is ending fast...

I have the same gauge, it needs the part with the sender to be grounded in order to operate properly. One way is to attach the T directly to the hardline. Another way (what I did) is to solder a wire to the T-fitting and bolt the other end to the body or frame.

If you need different parts, hit Lowe's, they have a good selection of brass fittings.

got the sensor all squared away, got the cooler mounted (no hosing done yet) and now I forget which side is IN or OUT, i know i gotta put the out from the cooler on top (so the line going back to the tranny goes on the top) but i can't remember if its the drivers side or passenger side.... GAR

you gonna have to drain the transmission fluid anyways so when you pull the hose from the bottom of the radiator cooler whichever spits transmission fluid out goes on the bottom

I was just planning on using the drain plug to avoid mess, but that could work too...