Remote Control

Precise1

http://www.dailyfinance.com/article/texan-accused-of-disabling-100-cars-over/956017/

While this seems to be a device installed for poor credit customers (maybe?), what about On Star which is almost impossible not to have in a GM but I hear rumors of black boxes in Chrysler and Ford as well. My question is who would willingly own a vehicle that someone else can have remote control of, down to something as simple as a microphone?? Are people so pathetic these days that they would hand over their rights and freedom for convenience and the false sense of security??

*looks around and sees DHS and ilk*

Oh crap!! Too late!!

Looks like I had better stock up on WD21 parts pigs...

B

Agreed. That was the first thing I thought of when they came out with Lojack. Not that I was planning to, but what if I decided to rob a bank or something? I'll tell ya, when armageddon finally comes I'm grabbing something with a carburetor so the robots can't track me.

Actually B, I think all new cars have a "black box", they are supposed to only record the last 30 seconds before an air bag deployment, but we all know that isn't the only time it is recording. It is unconfirmed, but some say they use them to be able to void warranties (they can see you did something and void you). I know at least the GM vehicles have the ability to wi-fi transfer info, just imagine being pulled over for speeding, then the cop flashes your ram and gets your speed for the last 10 miles.... The limitations are endless. Hell, you could drive down the road and connect via laptop to the Toyota next to you and program the throttle to stick open if you were the right kind of hacker.