Crankshaft Bolt Size

taro

hello, i tried to put a new distributor in the easy way and can't get the motor to fire up. so now i'm trying to find tdc. i could only find one search result stating that the crankshaft bolt size for a 3.3 was 27mm. Would this be correct for a '98 stock 3.3 as well? my sockets only go up to 26mm, doh! Thanks, taro

I been using a 27" on my 89 It would not surprise me if yours was too.

also the best way to know TDC on the compression stroke is to take off your upper timing cover and see that the timing mark on the cam pulley is pointing up when you reach TDC becase pointing down in exhaust stroke.

viannen_09.gif Or you can be lazy try it one way and if its wrong trurn it 180 and try again.

Thanks all. MY1PATH, that's what got me in this mess in the first place. :( at least, i'm hoping that's why she won't fire. i've already got a compression gauge on #1, but if that still doesn't seem to get it, i'll take off the timing cover just to be extra sure. thanks again! Taro

okay, now i'm certain i'm trying to set the distributor while on tdc on the compression stroke, but I get nothing. if i put the old one in, it'll at least idle-roughly. any thoughts? thanks, taro