Turn Signal/headlight Stalk

Toby

My passenger side low-beam is out. Brand new bulb, and high beam is fine.

Looked around here and I seen something about it being a headlight/turn signal stalk. I cleaned the connectors at the bulb. They are fine.

So I figure it's the stalk. But i wanna get a 'second opinion' i guess. and how much work is associated with replacing said stalk/

My passenger side low-beam is out. Brand new bulb, and high beam is fine.

Looked around here and I seen something about it being a headlight/turn signal stalk. I cleaned the connectors at the bulb. They are fine.

So I figure it's the stalk. But i wanna get a 'second opinion' i guess. and how much work is associated with replacing said stalk/

If you remove the "stalk" from the column (remove steering cover, then 2 screws hold it on) and look at it, you can see a translucent side that looks like it is clipped onto 4 plastic pins. Pop that cover off and there are your contacts, 5 total; 2 high beam, 2 low beam, 1 running/cabin lights.

I'll head out now to check it out. I had to take a nap. Drinking on a week night with friends is a horrible idea

Edit: Replaced the stalk, that was the problem. The stalk I took out looks brand new but I dunno. I guess it's shorted inside.

Edited by Toby