Engine Rebuild...won't Fire

kcpath

Fuel is the problem know,you said you had a bad fuel line right?(I'm lazy and dont want to go back and read) did you replace the fuel filter with it?Could be any of the above meanted,check to make sure the fuel presure regulator hose on the back of the intake is on,if it off then it'll cause starting problems and a wabbly idle.

It is a fuel problem for sure. for this whole time I had the fuel hose from the filter going to the pressure regulator side of the fuel rail. So I switched the two fuel hoses around and I'm getting a little further...it wants to start bad, but wont stay at idle and dies...tried the starter fluid and it still dies, but at least it's a little better since I switched the fuel hoses. I wonder if I messed something up on the fuel rail....like the regulator?

I can hear the pump come on just fine. I replaced all the injectors with reman's during the rebuild.

Now it sounds like timing! lol.gif

seriously though, it does.

I took the TB covers off today also. Took the belt on and off a few times, counted the teeth between left and right crankshaft marks (40 teeth) and then from the left camshaft to the crankshaft mark (43 teeth) and No 1 piston was TDC.

Edited by kcpath

Found out what's wrong! The injectors are not pulsing...I borrowed a "Noid" tester from O'Rilley's. Its a bulb that plugs into the injector harness plug. You plug the bulb in and it should pulse when the engine is turning over...I tested all six harness plugs and no pulse. I had thought previously that I confirmed I could hear the injectors clicking, but the click was coming from something else.

So no fuel, no go...makes sense. Now..where to start..why are the injectors not pulsing? It's an electrical problem for sure.

Crank angle sensor or whatever in the dizzy??

B

that sucker is $164 from rockauto.com....i may make a trip to the junk yard or find a way to test it

that sucker is $164 from rockauto.com....i may make a trip to the junk yard or find a way to test it

the only 'CPS test' I know is the 'injector test' you tried...

take your dizy out but leave it pluged in, turn your key to run and then spin dizzy, you should hear an injector clicking in sequence every 60 degrees. You may hear other relays go as well. these are some that your CPS is delivering a signal. If you are looking for a JY dizy with working sensor one can be used out of a maxima as long the part circled in the pic below is from YOUR pathinder.

th_1850519-1.jpg

or better yet If you do find a 90-95 dizy send me your spare circled part.

http://npora.ipbhost...=0entry475055

good luck!

My 89 dizy or CPS recently had an issue where it would run like $#!t untill you leaned on it long enough to Zap you then it would be 'ok' for the duration of the drive.

Edited by MY1PATH

the only 'CPS test' I know is the 'injector test' you tried...

take your dizy out but leave it pluged in, turn your key to run and then spin dizzy, you should hear an injector clicking in sequence every 60 degrees. You may hear other relays go as well. these are some that your CPS is delivering a signal. If you are looking for a JY dizy with working sensor one can be used out of a maxima as long the part circled in the pic below is from YOUR pathinder.

th_1850519-1.jpg

or better yet If you do find a 90-95 dizy send me your spare circled part.

http://npora.ipbhost...=0entry475055

good luck!

My 89 dizy or CPS recently had an issue where it would run like $#!t untill you leaned on it long enough to Zap you then it would be 'ok' for the duration of the drive.

I went to the JY this morning and found 4 complete distributors and 4 coils. 3 are out of Maxima's and 1 is out of a Quest, they all had the caps on so I pulled them. I'll have 3 dizzy's and 3 coils to sell on here....just the sensors on the dizzy's the yoke's are not long enough for the Path's.

Send me some prayer's that this will fix my injector pulse problem. :)

Edited by kcpath

I got injector pulse now! This thing should start when I get'er back together. I jumpered the fusible links and SHABAM, Noids lite up nice and bright.

I replaced the fusibles earlier, but they were used one's I got from the JY...they where bad.

Edited by kcpath

• 4 months later...

So, did that fix the problem and how do you like your new engine.

I'm having a problem getting my pathy to start, and mostly restart after it's warmed up. I was thinking of digging into this next to see if it works.