New From Maryland

jux

Original owner of a 99.5 SE Pathfinder. She's got over 200k on her now so she spends more time in my garage getting the maintenance done than she used to. Mainly my wife's car but I can see a short ways down the road where it's going to belong to a teenager.

I'm a home mechanic and do most of my own car work between a 96 Civic (250k), 92 F-150 (150k) and the Pathfinder. I consider myself handy enough to have so far avoided breaking anything major on any of the cars (to be edited later) during the repairs. I don't do mods to the cars because I don't off-road nor need anything more than the transportation they provide.

I joined the forum to get differing opinions on how to approach various repair issues. I am a software/electrical engineer so if there's anything I can offer in the way of knowledge trade I would be pleased to provide what I can. I also have a good bit of knowledge about home repair and some knowledge of powerboats. Obviously anything I can gleam from my repair adventures is also something I will share constantly.

Edited by jux

Welcome!! Sounds like you are in the same boat as most of us, a shade tree mechanic with other interests... Thanks for the offer of knowledge swap, I'm sure you'll be able to pitch in often. :aok:

The first tip I'll give you is to go to the Garage section and the pinned Owners Manual thread. In one of the last posts there will be a link of where to go to download a Factory Service Manual... ;)

B

Welcome!......I miss MARYLAND, I'm from there, still have family there thou (PG County). UNFORTUNATELY, I live in Cleveland, OH now......Contraray to popular belief, CLEVELAND DOES NOT ROCK!

Pezzy: Thanks for the welcome.

Precise: Thanks for the service manual pointer. I think I should install a computer in my garage so I can refer to it :)

Off: I'm just North of where you were in AA County, spent a lot of time in PG in my youth. Coincidentally Most of my extended family is around Painesville so I wind up around Cleveland a lot. My daughter loves the science center on the lake.