New Daddy W/ A Pathy

japiper

Hey everyone,

Just landed a 99 Gold SE. Had to ditch the sports car for the new baby (sometimes they just aren't practical). Just wanted some help on tracking down some ideas and parts for this bad boy. First and foremost I LOVE IT! couldn't have chosen a better SUV imo. Used to have a Nissan Hardbody circa 1990 and had a blast off-roading in it! now to what i need help with tarcking down.

1) looking for a small 1-3" lift for it, nothing to high but high enough for a little more clearance.

2) a decent suspension setup to keep the ride comfortable enough for daily driving, but rigid enough for off-roading.

3) already found the tires i like from friends, but i just wanted some opinions from people who know this specific vehicle, decided to go with General Tires Grabber AT2 on the stock 265/70/R15 wheels.

4) front bumber and winch combo if possible.

5) OEM brush guard (i dont like the aftermarket looks)

6) lastly just curious if there is kit to relocate the spare tire from under the rear-end to mount in on the back door like the Xterra?

thanks for any all help

EDIT - I'll get pics up as soon as i get a chance to take some.

Edited by japiper

Hey everyone,

Just landed a 99 Gold SE. Had to ditch the sports car for the new baby (sometimes they just aren't practical). Just wanted some help on tracking down some ideas and parts for this bad boy. First and foremost I LOVE IT! couldn't have chosen a better SUV imo. Used to have a Nissan Hardbody circa 1990 and had a blast off-roading in it! now to what i need help with tarcking down.

1) looking for a small 1-3" lift for it, nothing to high but high enough for a little more clearance.

2" OME lift is common :)

2) a decent suspension setup to keep the ride comfortable enough for daily driving, but rigid enough for off-roading.

OME again, and a decent set of shocks/struts, kyb are suppose to make good struts for yours, and bilstein makes a good comfy shock

3) already found the tires i like from friends, but i just wanted some opinions from people who know this specific vehicle, decided to go with General Tires Grabber AT2 on the stock 265/70/R15 wheels.

i have bfg's on my wd21...

4) front bumber and winch combo if possible.

ARB sells an r50 bumper I believe, winch and bull bar integrated

5) OEM brush guard (i dont like the aftermarket looks)

see #4

6) lastly just curious if there is kit to relocate the spare tire from under the rear-end to mount in on the back door like the Xterra?

I believe some R50s came with swing open tire carriers, but the effort/cash to do that would be better spent having a rear bumper made with a tire carrier and integrated hitch...

thanks for any all help

EDIT - I'll get pics up as soon as i get a chance to take some.

Lift & suspension: OME, or AC 2" lift, lots of info on lifting in the R50 section.

Bumper - ARB makes one for the 99.5-2004, but it will fit the 96-99 with a gap. Also look up KMA (Google pathfinder wincher bumper)... they do make custom bumpers for our trucks, but they are known for terrible turn around times, and some weld issues. Not an issue if you have a welder, or know someone with one. Either can fit a winch.

Brush guard - not needed if you get a bumper! :tongue:

I had to go custom to move my tire... as OSR mentioned, some have looked into getting the swing arm from another pathy & transferring. I don't recall if anyone was successful on an R50 - there has always been the concern of no reinforcement in behind the mounts. (A search may bring up a couple threads on that too).

Welcome to NPORA!

wow you guys are awesome at response time. i was worried that this (like many other forums) would get so flooded with posts that no one would get around to answering my post for weeks. this place rocks! i think i'm gonna like it here

just to clarify, i'm not used to what other countries use for stock equipment terms, am i right to assume that OME stands for Original Manufacturer Equipment, or is it an aftermarket company?

just to clarify, i'm not used to what other countries use for stock equipment terms, am i right to assume that OME stands for Original Manufacturer Equipment, or is it an aftermarket company?

G'day mate,welcome. Just to clarify OME (Old Man Emu) is the suspension division of ARB.

Your thinking of OEM man :aok: OME as said is a company. Welcome!

That one can be confusing at first - forbid any of us being dyslexic typists... yikes!