Bender Built WD21 Rear Bumper

OK, i got some good pictures of the "finished" product. I think we will still modify the "wings" to make them a bit stronger by welding some supports to span the bottom of the wing and bold to the frame so you can still remove the bumper. I had to chop out the bottoms of my rear quarter panels (they were rusted to shiat anyways), but I am very pleased with the way it turned out. It slides into the frame which we also reinforced and is held on with 4 large bolts. It also has a 2" receiver with safety chain attachments, 3/4" shackle mounts and these nice little waterproof LED floodlights for extra area lighting.

Here is a rear view:

img0008o.jpg

and one from the corner:

img0005sa.jpg

As with the rock sliders, I have already taken a couple hits with it in moab and the last few trail runs i have been on with the CNTC. It's held up very well and i am thankful i have it. my old chrome bumper would have looked pretty sad by now.

So what do you guys think? is there anything that you like or would have done differently? I don't want write all this and not hear any criticism.

What did you do down the sides toward the wheel wells? It looks pretty thin. I think you should have made it a little more strong. Besides that it looks pretty good.

What wall thickness did you use for the 2x4 spine?

Edited by 1999R50

What did you do down the sides toward the wheel wells? It looks pretty thin. I think you should have made it a little more strong. Besides that it looks pretty good.

What wall thickness did you use for the 2x4 spine?

yes, we had a plan to add a lateral support that bolts to the side of the frame to give that end more strength, it's just tricky because you don't want to make it hard to take the bumper off and on.

the spine is .25" wall