95 Pathfiner V6 Dual Tuner Exhaust... Good Idea?

No, sorry it read confusing,, I meant when I first had the exhaust done I was using a flowmaster but after the flowmaster cracked I replaced it with the super trapp muffler, a few years later when I had it redone with stainless I replaced the super trapp with the borla muffler.

Ohhh got ya...did you like the sound of the borla? I want to have "high flow" but dont want that nasty tiny V6 loud exhaust sound...may just buy a good high flow turbo muffler and go from there...

Jim truck(MrJim) had dual exhaust on it. It had a single in, dual out flomaster on it. It sounds ok, but i dont think it helped much in the way of performance.

I had two glasspacks on my 91 300zx. It was a nonturbo, but it had a great sound. Nice deep tone at idle, but under accleration it sounded like a screaming indy car(well, thats what others said).

In our rigs, a H pipe or X pipe might help. But, we have a lovely crossover pipe that chokes power out. Stick with a single outlet. Get a highflow cat, a nice muffler and a decent tip if you are worried about looks.

I thought the Borla sounded good, it especially sounded good winding it out in 4 low!!, I prefer a single exhaust, when I had my 2001 dakota with the V8 I did a lot of research into the single/dual exhaust and read that a larger single exhaust will outflow a dual setup, so I went with a flowmaster cat back, it came with a large 50 series suv muffler which I ended up replacing with a 40 series as the 50 I felt was too quiet. On the dodge the kit used a 2.5" input and a single 3" output. I knew a guy way back with a 4 cylinder toyota 4x4 who ran a single 3" it sounded loud but no idea how it ran, think 3" on a 4 cyl would def. be too big. Mandrel bent pipe would also make a difference in flow.

Yea I would think anything bigger than 2.5 tubing would be too much for the 3.0 (for me anyway.) I am not looking for sound, (I would prefer it to have a low growl, and no rice popping at all.) I do want more flow...

The concept is simple...More air in via a home brew intake, equals more air out via higher flow exhaust...

So I have been told...haha

Anyone ever ran a 50 series delta FM on their rig? Trying to get an idea of how it sounds...

family_of_mufflers.png is the loudness

anyway has anyone seen the new 10 series by flowmaster? supposedly there loudest and toughest muffler yet 409S stainless steel and very small

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/userfiles/image/Super%2010%20assortment%20of%202_5-inch%20mufflers.jpg

I am about to have to replace all of my exhaust as well...(its still factory, and finally wore out.)

Where I live there is no smog law, so I am either going to gut my cat or get a good quality high flow. Trying to find a video or sound clip of a path with a 40 or 60 series Flowmaster, youtube isnt producing much of anything.

Does anyone know what the dang small cat looking thing is BEFORE the actual cat on the MOTOR side of the exhaust?

That's a pre-cat. Some had it, some don't. Not necessary, and I removed one from my last Pathfinder, and still passed emissions. Please, DON'T gut your cat. Regardless of smog regulations in your area, a good high-flow cat won't break the bank, and will still do it's job in terms of keeping the air clean-ish. :aok: