Options Available

Hey people, my first post here. Hope it works. Bought a used '09 Pathfinder a few weeks ago because my Toyota flunked emissions and it looked like about $2k in repairs. This rig is the lower trim level (SE?) and I am looking into adding a few things that are missing. I have both roof rack side rails but no cross rails. Are these options or did previous driver/leaser hang on to them? Get them from dealer I suppose? I didn't get running boards with this trim. After seeing the ice and crud build up I am thinking running boards would protect the body? Again see the dealer or are there better (cheaper) places to look? I don't see any front tow hooks like on my 95 Pathy or my 4Rnr. Anyplace to put them? How much does the Pathy share with the Xterra? How can I tell if I have a limited-slip rear diff? Is this bad form to blather on like this? Thanks, let me know if I actually got through.

You did successfully post. :aok:

I am moving this to the appropriate forum in hope of replies...

Probably. Yes. Somewhat perhaps, but no snow or '09 here. I don't know and I'm not sure. Very little. Look for a sticker, Take the VIN to a dealership and ask them or go off road and see how many wheels spin. Only slightly, it just makes for confusing answers.:shrug:

You got through. :D

Welcome to NOPRA!!

B

Side boards definitively helps with the snow up the sides.

There should be a front tow hook underneath on the right hand side. (at least there is on the European models, I have used it)

Cross rails are probably an add-on. If you buy them, please let me know the cost. I'm afraid to ask my dealer ;)

Cross bars were not on all vehicles. It is not cheap to add them on.

Some dealers remove the tow hooks.

The Pathy, Frontier and Xterra share many common parts.

If you shoot me your VIN I can let you know if it has LSD, or anything else you want to know as far as what it is equpt with, what options are available, etc :D

You did successfully post. :aok:

I am moving this to the appropriate forum in hope of replies...

Probably. Yes. Somewhat perhaps, but no snow or '09 here. I don't know and I'm not sure. Very little. Look for a sticker, Take the VIN to a dealership and ask them or go off road and see how many wheels spin. Only slightly, it just makes for confusing answers.:shrug:

You got through. :D

Welcome to NOPRA!!

B

Side boards definitively helps with the snow up the sides.

There should be a front tow hook underneath on the right hand side. (at least there is on the European models, I have used it)

Cross rails are probably an add-on. If you buy them, please let me know the cost. I'm afraid to ask my dealer ;)

Thanks for the reply, sveintore, I looked for the hook there just now but just a space in the plastic where it should be. When all the snow melts I will crawl under and look for empty bolt holes to put one on. I was at the Nissan dealer 1 hour ago to get a spare key ($36 for the key, $100 to program it)I asked about the cross rails...you should be very afraid...$400.00. Must be carbon fiber reinforced unobtanium. I will check out some of the after market sources like Toule or Yakima.

Cross bars were not on all vehicles. It is not cheap to add them on.

Some dealers remove the tow hooks.

The Pathy, Frontier and Xterra share many common parts.

If you shoot me your VIN I can let you know if it has LSD, or anything else you want to know as far as what it is equpt with, what options are available, etc :D

Thanks Rob. Those cross bars from the dealer run $400.00 Yikes! The VIN is 5N1AR18BX9C604751.

• 2 weeks later...