exhaust

JB3829

B) Hi everyone...I have a stock '97 SE and I'm looking for a replacement Flowmaster 40 or 50 series muffler but can't seem to find one. There's a leak in my exhaust somewhere and I'd rather upgrade it than replace it with OEM. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I have a 40 series Flowmaster, and I found one with a dual outlet, single inlet, and turned it around. It works great! Sounds amazing and my built in butt-dyno definitely felt an increase in power and torque. I had piping from the cats back custom made to my specs. Cats to muff: 2.5". Muff out: 2.5" with 2.75" tip. I had the resonator/aftermuffler removed, and it burbles like a muscle car. :aok:

I found the muffler on ebay for $48. Midas installed it and charged me $120 for parts and labor on custom making the pipes. So for under $175, I have a full cat-back exhaust built to my specs...The ebay listing was actually screwed up though, the seller listed it as a dual inlet, single out, but when it arrived, I noticed it was single in dual out...not a problem though, as I just turned it around. (Flowmaster says they're not reversible, but it works just great! I passed emissions this year better than I did before doing the exhaust, so....)

I say go for it man. :aok:

Yeah, you could either get a single in/dual out muffler and switch it around like vengeful did, or you could get a standard single in/out muffler and just have the exhaust shop weld the two inlet pipes into a single before the muffler, then attach it. You can look on the flowmaster website and get some part numbers for the muffler you want. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

i have a 40 series dual in single out... it comes single in single out but there is an inlet hole you can cut out and weld a nipple on or pipe to...my muffler was 70 or 80 at the local napa and 3 to get the nipple welded on and the muffler welded on.. make sure you cut the resignator off for the good deep sound tho