for the cb guys...

Tosh

I have a brand new cobra cb that won't turn on...would it be cheaper to bring it to a shop to get it fixed or to just scrap it? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it myself?

PLUG.. IT... IN...

:lol:

It's brand new and you can't return it?

I'd at least open the case and see if there is power internally or a fuse or something. Do you have a multimeter?

B

Oh i've already taken it apart and tried to look through it it's just way too much for me to understand.

And i'll ask and see if he has the receipt for it i'm not exactly sure why they didn't return it..

LOL I was going to ask if the fuse had blown! They re very low amp, 2AMP iirc? So if you even get close to grounding them out they will blow wink.gif

Ifit still don't work, take it to a shop and ask for an estimate on repair. Call first and see if they charge anything to even look at it. Call around, not just CB shops, call small electronics repair shops as well thumbsup.gif

At least you are on the right track...

B

Yup i found a product manual for it so if i can find which one is a diode i'll try and replace it myself..thanks for the help and you too kingman