Hey Everybody

brix542

Hey how everyone doing. New to these forums and buying my frist PF and car/truck. Found a 1988 white PF with auto trans and only 114xxx miles for $800 bout 15 miles from my house. Cant wait to pick it up. If there is anything i need to know bout these in the mantience department tell me. And it will never go to a mech shop cuase dad and grandad do all work themselves and have thought me well. Thanks

Edited by brix542

G'day Brix, welcome. Make sure you check the frame before you outlay any dollars, mainly over/behind the rear wheels as they are prone to rusting out and you would be better off being safe than sorry, then one of the first things to do would be flush the auto and install a cooler, timing belt needs to be done if the PO cant tell you when it was changed.

Checked for rust already and all is good. Not worried bout timing belt snice the guys dad who bought it(passed away month ago) took it to a nissan dealership and had them replace that aswell as do a tune up about 3000 miles ago. thanks

Howdy Brix, and welcome. Sounds like you have checked it out well already. The last thing that needs attention is the tranny/cooler. The stock tranny cooler in the radiator is prone to clogging which can damage the tranny. If the fluid is changed regularly, this can be a non issue, but a lot of us bypass the stock unit and install a aftermarket version. There are a few active threads on this and many in the archives that can be searched up. Let me know if you have trouble finding them.

B

Yep it is my age. Was looking for a 94 truck before i came across this so im happy. The tries have 50%+ tread left(need balancing and alignment), it has almost new westin running boards, and the interior has no rips and is almsot perfect. I'l be the 3rd owner. The 1st owner had wires ran for a amp and subs to the back and put in a jvc cd player. I'l get some pics up tomorrow. Was raining when i got home today with it. Got to completely detail. Time to have fun.