2002 With A Couple Of Questions

Porkgrisle

I bought this 2002 SE manual a few months ago and it is time to do a few things to it.

1)It has the push button AC unit and double din bose radio. I was wanting to upgrade the radio to get XM (and the cd player is about shot). Can the AC controller be moved to the current radio spot and put a single DIN radio where the AC was (thinking about a Nav unit and the extra height would help)?

2) What is a good HAM radio mount for this?

3) Where can you get an aftermarket front bumper with a winch?

4) With OME HD springs in front and Mediums in the back will I need body shims for the front or will it be almost level anyway? Also what would be the best shocks for this?

Thanks for the help.

I bought this 2002 SE manual a few months ago and it is time to do a few things to it.

1)It has the push button AC unit and double din bose radio. I was wanting to upgrade the radio to get XM (and the cd player is about shot). Can the AC controller be moved to the current radio spot and put a single DIN radio where the AC was (thinking about a Nav unit and the extra height would help)?

4) With OME HD springs in front and Mediums in the back will I need body shims for the front or will it be almost level anyway? Also what would be the best shocks for this?

Thanks for the help.

1. I'm not sure... you may want to take off the plastic face bezel off and investigate... I replaced the double din, with a single, and added a "pocket".

2. I dont know about HAM radios, but there is a thread somewhere around here, try searching for CB installations, might give you some ideas.

3. ARB, or KMA http://www.kenmtn.com/html/wincher.asp

4. I'm not certain about this, but there are plenty of members who have OME & spacers... personally I don't understand the need to have a perfectly level stance.

Welcome to NPORA!

4. I'm not certain about this, but there are plenty of members who have OME & spacers... personally I don't understand the need to have a perfectly level stance.

I have OME HD front and Medium rear on my 2001 SE manual. It sits level (see this thread for OME pics: http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=24630&st=20). over time, the front end will sag just a little, but you should not get an extreme rake with the tail in the air.

4) With OME HD springs in front and Mediums in the back will I need body shims for the front or will it be almost level anyway?

Thats the combo I have. It sits pretty close to level.

Note: do not buy from rockyroad.com because they have the part numbers all mixed up - if you order HD they will send you medium springs and if you order medium springs, they will send you light duty springs!! They dont sell HD but they say they do!

May I recommend www.ruggedrocksoffroad.com for best prices and best service, and most importantly: correct parts

Thanks for the help.

First off, welcome to the forum! I think you'll enjoy being a Pathfinder owner. I know I do. :D

As for your questions, here's my take:

1) I'm not sure if the unit can be moved as it depends on where it is situated in relation to the moving parts of the climate control unit, i.e., fan speed control, temperature control, flow direction, etc. My knowledge of the digital unit is limited (I have been tinkering with idea of installing it in my '98) but if the control unit is wired to a main unit by wires, then I would think relocation to be quite easy. :aok:

2) I don't know anything about HAM radios but I'd say go with Pezzy and search CB radios. I think you'll find useful information. :)

3) Aftermarket bumpers can be hard to find. KMA is a decent custom option but for more money, I'd say you'd be happy with an ARB. On the later R50 models (2000-2004) this option is hands down the best one out there.

4) For that OME set-up, you don't necessarily need leveling spacers. Actually, depending on how the coils settle, it may level out perfectly anyway. To that end, I'd say wait around, put some mileage on those coils, and go from there.

As for shocks, I think Rancho is crap. Same goes with Pro Comp. Seems like a good deal until something breaks. For a little more money, Bilstein is a good choice, namely the 5100 series. I'm currently equipped with the 5150s and they have proven impressive thus far. OME also offers a great rear shock but I'm not sure of the pricing.

Any more q's, post 'em! We're all here to help. :beer:

Edited by tekazgtr1984