Dome Light - Sometimes

k9sar

Over the past several years, my dome light has been flakey. It used to flicker on when my rear hatch would think it was open but I fixed that problem. Now, the issue has been that it does not come on at all. I have replaced the bulb in the past and that seems to fix the ability to turn it on manually but the bulbs never seem to last long. Even with a good bulb, the dome light sometimes turns on when I unlock it remotely and sometimes not. When I open the door (passenger or drivers), it may or may not come on so. It seems that there might be a coombination of issues. Why does it work sometimes? Why does it eat bulbs?

Anyone else have a similar situation or know where to look?

note: The under-dash lights seem to work fine when the doors open or truck is unlocked so I do not suspect the door switches themselves. I also think my tailgate overhead light is going wonky as well. 3-position switch: always on - works, on when door open - no worky, always off - seems to work.

sounds like a bad connection or the door switchs are failing. Mine used to flash when i would turn sharp becasue there is a short in one of my door switches (no i never fixed it i just dont use the dome light unless on manual. I would take the dome like assamly down and check the connections on it